U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2019, 11:05 AM

13,226 posts, read 3,481,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
I don’t scour patents, I scour university libraries, publications, world cat, mit open course ware, edx, youtube, etc.

International forums to talk to russian engineers etc

Trade forums like ieee aiche isa
Alot of the technology Im talking about is developed in secrecy, not everyone is privy to their research and discoveries.

Bigelow Aerospace is a good example...how much of their research details are available to the public in relation to the 'special materials' they have stored there (and had to modify buildings for)? The 490page Pentagon briefing on these technologies was only accessible by a select group of people. Ive even tried to get this report using a FOIA...I was denied, but they did admit the report exists and they did inform me where it is and which dept has it (thats the only details Im permitted though).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2019, 02:26 AM

7,658 posts, read 3,371,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Alot of the technology Im talking about is developed in secrecy, not everyone is privy to their research and discoveries.

Bigelow Aerospace is a good example...how much of their research details are available to the public in relation to the 'special materials' they have stored there (and had to modify buildings for)? The 490page Pentagon briefing on these technologies was only accessible by a select group of people. Ive even tried to get this report using a FOIA...I was denied, but they did admit the report exists and they did inform me where it is and which dept has it (thats the only details Im permitted though).
What about the guys that installed the new buildings, these are not security clearances fancy people. Look on forums regarding these types of materials.

The radar absorbant material they put on the B2 I will admit I have not been able to find but I did find a professor that drew out how it worked and I could possibly reverse engineer the paint based on the concepts I learned, I just havent taken the time as I have no need for anything stealth.

So no you can't get this stuff spoon-fed to you but you can figure it out with what is available.

I mean radar-absorbent paint acts like a waveguide or fiber optic so find materials that act like a fiber optic waveguide for long-wavelength radio waves. Its probably in a CRC handbook of materials and they may mix it with binders to make it stick etc.

That's the sort of stuff I am talking about.

There is a really cool CRC handbook of glass coming out which is suppose to be like 1000 pages of every type of glass and crystal material (electronics, lasers, insulators, etc). Its kind of spendy though so I may pull it up as an interlibrary loan and copy it.

There are some cool book copies shaped in a wedge you can buy now, again kind of spendy which sucks but they exist.

978-3319937267 merry christmas

Old 12-08-2019, 12:57 PM

Quote:
What about the guys that installed the new buildings, these are not security clearances fancy people. Look on forums regarding these types of materials.

The radar absorbant material they put on the B2 I will admit I have not been able to find but I did find a professor that drew out how it worked and I could possibly reverse engineer the paint based on the concepts I learned, I just havent taken the time as I have no need for anything stealth.

So no you can't get this stuff spoon-fed to you but you can figure it out with what is available.

I mean radar-absorbent paint acts like a waveguide or fiber optic so find materials that act like a fiber optic waveguide for long-wavelength radio waves. Its probably in a CRC handbook of materials and they may mix it with binders to make it stick etc.

That's the sort of stuff I am talking about.

There is a really cool CRC handbook of glass coming out which is suppose to be like 1000 pages of every type of glass and crystal material (electronics, lasers, insulators, etc). Its kind of spendy though so I may pull it up as an interlibrary loan and copy it.

There are some cool book copies shaped in a wedge you can buy now, again kind of spendy which sucks but they exist.

978-3319937267 merry christmas
This document is actually one I posted in another thread (another topic), but on page 3, where it talks about how they have obtained the details...it says in addition to information from pilots, they also learned from "secret research institutions" (and this was back in the 1950s!).

https://www.cia.gov/library/readingr...0000015463.pdf

Old 12-08-2019, 04:06 PM

7,658 posts, read 3,371,018 times
Quote:
This document is actually one I posted in another thread (another topic), but on page 3, where it talks about how they have obtained the details...it says in addition to information from pilots, they also learned from "secret research institutions" (and this was back in the 1950s!).

https://www.cia.gov/library/readingr...0000015463.pdf
Holy $h!t ... !!

Bob Lazar claimed that what powered these was Element 115 which has now been discovered at Moscovium just a few years ago (I have to update my periodic table), it is surprisingly stable as it existing for multiple seconds or more.

Old 12-08-2019, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Holy $h!t ... !!

Bob Lazar claimed that what powered these was Element 115 which has now been discovered at Moscovium just a few years ago (I have to update my periodic table), it is surprisingly stable as it existing for multiple seconds or more.
I dont think they knew what was actually in this document when they declassified it!!!

Even stranger that there is NOTHING redacted (that may have been a mistake too).

Old 12-17-2019, 01:03 PM

2,442 posts, read 1,763,280 times
Quote:
Never heard about that, do you have a link?
The atomic boy scout

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Hahn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or