U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What Social Network Website Is On Top:
Yes, Myspace 2 28.57%
Sorry, Facebook 3 42.86%
Equal Preference 0 0%
Undecided 1 14.29%
Another Option Of The Future 1 14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2019, 12:39 PM

6,131 posts, read 11,148,106 times

Advertisements

I remember the very Vintage Retro version of Social Network with Myspace! I really miss the other Website. Honestly superior to Facebook with some various areas of organization. Including to list top rank Favorite categories(Music, Books, Movies) very easy to see, your own music soundtrack song on the entire Profile page, and Create your own background layout. None of this is really happening on Facebook compared to what we had on Myspace. Very technical mystical to why very revolutionary friendly Myspace is just completely vanishing when comparing the rather overly plain mediocre sight of Facebook.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2020, 05:15 PM

671 posts, read 137,418 times
I absolutely loved the individuality of MySpace. You could choose your own background picture, you could put a song to play when people visit your page. Incredible. Fun. Facebook sucks. I stopped using it years ago.

Funny because MySpace now looks like ig.. right?

Old 01-08-2020, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilLisa83 View Post
I absolutely loved the individuality of MySpace. You could choose your own background picture, you could put a song to play when people visit your page. Incredible. Fun. Facebook sucks. I stopped using it years ago.

Funny because MySpace now looks like ig.. right?
Mutual thoughts and feelings. Yeah, I feel the same way. Accurate reflection. I really don't understand the story for why Facebook ended up completely replacing Myspace, and in what years exactly. I was just beginning high school or in the middle of it. Frantic scramble with the extremely busy early schedule. I don't even remember. 2005?

Well, there is no other choice but to use Facebook to social network online, and for long term relations. Although, quite sterile in layout and user mode of expression variability. Is there any chance for Facebook to go away, and to have another evolution into a solid equal version of new Myspace? Even with another major company label.

Old 01-11-2020, 08:16 PM

14,446 posts, read 7,220,389 times
I liked the concept of Myspace, but the bandwidth allocated to the site compared to all of the crap that people were putting on their page made for a very not so enjoyable user experience. Facebook is not only more user-friendly to me, but I've never had the problems with Facebook that I had with Myspace.

Old 01-11-2020, 09:01 PM

1,809 posts, read 3,290,380 times
Myspace needed you to go out and find people to network with as they had no algortihm to auto search as Facebook does. On Myspace I felt alone, on Facebook I feel that I am in a social group of friends as it should be. Facebook has much smarter code that really keeps you connected.

Old 01-11-2020, 09:53 PM

2,702 posts, read 1,435,261 times
I remember being horrified at the way some people decorated their MySpace...so much bad, bad decorating. It was the main reason I didn't use it.

Facebook for me, much cleaner and simpler.

Old 01-12-2020, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefkey View Post
Myspace needed you to go out and find people to network with as they had no algortihm to auto search as Facebook does. On Myspace I felt alone, on Facebook I feel that I am in a social group of friends as it should be. Facebook has much smarter code that really keeps you connected.
Aesthetics visuals over functionality to me at least occasionally. Although, both are important. Computer code is having to go according with that balancing act. I just prefer the risky adventurous Myspace over the overly plain sort of sterile layout of Facebook.

Myspace came earlier than the other one, so I don't think that is the fault of the exact website in focus. Search engine bar tools went through a solid evolution later on. Just like all of the other parts that are highly composed of the Internet. And people weren't nearly glued to the Internet quite yet in a lot of cases. Not too late for our own society to return back to the original.

Old 01-12-2020, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgardener View Post
I remember being horrified at the way some people decorated their MySpace...so much bad, bad decorating. It was the main reason I didn't use it.

Facebook for me, much cleaner and simpler.
Well, that is nice to see a change of reflection. There is another website that is reaching significant parallels into social network online of Myspace! A Life Blogging website called Xanga! Went from extremely popular to permanently closing down relatively within just one decade of 10 years too. And getting entirely replaced. Blogger isn't nearly as highly interactive to me compared to Xanga. Some might find Myspace, and Xanga very disorganized. Although, they have vision.

SimCity3000 Unlimited might have some common similarities to this tangent. However, SimCity5 has no redeeming allure compared to those other ones(Facebook, Blogger) that still have some strengths. Not by much, although.

RIP Rest In Peace Myspace, Xanga, and SimCity3000 Unlimited, Sim City 4 Deluxe Edition. Ironic that they are that far ahead of their later predecessors. Social Network, Life Blogging, Computer Video Games that are close enough to Architectural Urban Planning drafting of the modern machine.

Old 01-12-2020, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I liked the concept of Myspace, but the bandwidth allocated to the site compared to all of the people were putting on their pages made for a very not so enjoyable user experience. Facebook is not only more user-friendly to me, but I've never had the problems with Facebook that I had with Myspace.
Is there really a sign of clutter in the old Myspace? Even when I am a fan of Xanga endless enthusiasm to endorse, I am admitting that some specific features was a bit messy then to the ones that go deeper.

Old Today, 04:23 PM

10,961 posts, read 13,883,067 times
I really miss Myspace. If was way cooler, and more social. The music alone was a huge plus. I always enjoyed searching for the perfect track for my page! I remember having all kinds of friends from all over, not like with Facebook how you have use your real name and it only suggests people you hate...lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or