U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2020, 02:44 PM

1,889 posts, read 1,201,600 times

Advertisements

If I am at home with my tablet or cell phone and I buy one of these cheap wifi compatible printers, can I use my tablet or cell phone to send stuff to my printer? I think I can, but need a second or third opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2020, 06:00 PM

7,683 posts, read 4,163,033 times
Yes. If you have Apple devices you use AirPrint. Works great.

Old Yesterday, 09:30 PM

16,782 posts, read 29,544,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
Yes. If you have Apple devices you use AirPrint. Works great.
AirPrint works well, but it can also be done it you setup a network printer. I use Apple devices at home, but print via Wi-Fi (network printing) instead of AirPrint.

Old Yesterday, 09:53 PM

1,376 posts, read 1,025,507 times
Also, there are manufacturer-specific apps for Android like BrotherPrint and HPPrint. I can print .txt and .pdfs from Android, but for most excellent font control and rotation and two sided output and shrinking spreadsheets, you'll want one of the advanced office suites. some are free and some are not:
https://www.techradar.com/best/best-...-suite-android

plug the printer in over USB or cat5/6 into your ROUTER, then every device in your home-wifi-LAN can use it.

I have one Brother laser printer this works perfect, one Canon color inkjet where the wifi DOESNT work

(and I am pretty good at this) - it is the one that must print over USB.

Old Today, 11:31 AM

1,889 posts, read 1,201,600 times
Good info Supbud. My old laptop, at one time, worked with my HP printer, then it wall went to Hades. It kind of soured me on HP stuff but maybe it should not. I checked my Samsung Android phone and I can get several different apps on that. I am not wanting to spend a bunch of money I use so infrequently. The ink, more times than not, dries up before I get anything printed. Anyway, I can buy Canon TS 3122 printer at Walmart for 19 dollars, probably get a little goodie out of the sample ink and go from there. If it works good, fine. If not well just 20 bucks shot.

Old Today, 05:31 PM

16,782 posts, read 29,544,814 times
Most newer printers can be setup on your network, wired or wireless.

Old Today, 05:48 PM

8,038 posts, read 4,399,380 times
I have a Cannon printer that has an app for printing from my phone or tablet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology