U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2020, 07:47 PM

6,529 posts, read 3,398,039 times

Advertisements

I know i can go to companies to have my app idea put into reality and im fairly certain the cost ccan range from 100,000 and up but not much more than a few hundred thousand.

What are yearly operating costs ?

Does the company that I initially paid maintain it for the operating costs?

Would i need any employees?

Would i need servers?

I know I could charge a small fee ($1.99. Or $2.99 etc) for purchase of the app so that would be some revenue building.

How much initial capital should I have to get this app up and running.

And then there is marketing it....

Last edited by westcoastforme; 02-10-2020 at 08:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2020, 08:06 PM

2,144 posts, read 804,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Would i need servers?
This is the only question we can answer. The answer is no.

For the rest, it's impossible to give you an answer without additional information about your app idea. Your best bet is to get someone who is familiar with tech business operations and have them sign an NDA. Then ask them these questions.

Old 02-10-2020, 08:12 PM

I'm looking for people here that are familiar with "tech business operations"

Its why I asked

Old 02-10-2020, 08:20 PM

2,144 posts, read 804,837 times
Quote:
I'm looking for people here that are familiar with "tech business operations"

Its why I asked
There's a lot of us here that are familiar with it. The point is that without the details of the actual idea, it's impossible to answer your questions. Some ideas can be built in a garage with a few people, others need quite a bit more. Which is why I suggested your find someone you are willing to sign an NDA with.

The alternative is to type of the idea here so we can better help you. Good luck!

Old 02-10-2020, 08:23 PM

8,015 posts, read 4,296,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
This is the only question we can answer. The answer is no.

For the rest, it's impossible to give you an answer without additional information about your app idea. Your best bet is to get someone who is familiar with tech business operations and have them sign an NDA. Then ask them these questions.
Actually it’s not as simple as no - some apps hitting a database really need a back end server.

Old 02-10-2020, 09:23 PM

1,031 posts, read 614,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
Actually it’s not as simple as no - some apps hitting a database really need a back end server.
I think this is a fair assessment. If you plan on having the scale of, say, netflix, with petabytes of data being accessed at any given moment, you will need servers. Otherwise, you simply don't. As with the previous poster, you need to know the idea to really answer these questions.

Old Yesterday, 01:24 AM

Ya can't give away the idea. Nowhere near Netflix.

Old Today, 06:56 AM

8,015 posts, read 4,296,866 times
Quote:
Ya can't give away the idea. Nowhere near Netflix.
If you can’t give away the specific idea you will need to provide a better general idea. Change the vertical industry or user base.

But without any more information it’s impossible to provide any more guidance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or