Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2021, 04:59 PM

9,132 posts, read 6,185,387 times

Advertisements

In March, Last Pass will be restricting usage of the Free App to only one type of device: either a computer or a mobile device. You must subscribe to a paid version to be able to use both types of devices.

"We’re making changes to how LastPass Free users access LastPass across device types. LastPass offers access across two device types - Computers (including all browsers running on desktops and laptops) or Mobile Devices (including mobile phones, smart watches, and tablets). Starting March 16, 2021, LastPass Free will only include access on unlimited devices of one type. "

Any suggestions for other free apps as password manager?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2021, 06:32 AM

6,590 posts, read 11,288,331 times
Both Cnet and PCMag have articles for best password managers in 2021.

The key is what feature do you value the most. And that is obviously subjective.

I still use KeePass. Been doing so for over 15 years now. It's not as portable out of the 'box' as the cloud/web based ones. But I make it work for me as I have my DBs on a cloud drive that can be accessed from any device.

Old 02-18-2021, 11:31 AM

666 posts, read 425,002 times
If you want to avoid situations like this going forward, try to avoid programs which are under commercial licensing. Basically anything that asks you to sign a EULA. Otherwise it will always be at risk of one day becoming paywalled or restricted in some fashion.

Other commenters will probably load you up with recommendations, so instead I would like to share an alternative to password managers in general:
You may also consider memorizing a password algorithm. A set of mental steps which can take some input, such as the service name or domain, and produce a unique password.

Old 02-19-2021, 12:22 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,477,098 times
No big deal actually, not for me.

I will choose desktop only and remain free. I have it on my phone but rarely use it and even then, it's not integrated with the browser anyway. I can always remote into my desktop with my phone to look up passwords. Some people live on their phone, I'm the other way around. I use it little, only when needed. It is convenient though. I can't stand typing on a tiny soft keyboard. I'm old school.

Or I may pay the fee, it's cheap enough, something like $2.25 a month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology