Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2022, 09:45 AM

7,019 posts, read 3,746,472 times

Advertisements

Since I purchased the Samsung TV I figured I didnt need the firestick anymore because of the built in apps on the TV. But I noticed two things, when I watch Prime Video on the TV app the pic is great but when I watch it on firestick it not good at all. When I watch Youtube TV on the firestick the pic is great but not great when I watch it on built in app on Samsung TV. Very confusing. So looks like I better keep the firestick since some apps look better on the TV and some on the fire stick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2022, 06:25 AM

1,097 posts, read 642,625 times
I have a Samsung TV and a FireTV stick and never noticed that. Having said that, I believe there is a big problem with Samsung TV's and Amazon's HDR content...way too dark.

What exactly is different? Are your settings the same for both inputs?

Old 10-03-2022, 08:03 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,469,216 times
Check HDR settings on both devices.

That, and TVs have different picture settings for different devices.

e.g. Brightness could be turned up higher for OTA or Smart TV than it is for HDMI 1.

Old 10-03-2022, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrausz View Post
I have a Samsung TV and a FireTV stick and never noticed that. Having said that, I believe there is a big problem with Samsung TV's and Amazon's HDR content...way too dark.

What exactly is different? Are your settings the same for both inputs?
When I watch channels on youtubetv through Firestick the picture is more crisp and colorful. When I watch YTTV through the Samsung TV not quite the same. When I watch Prime Video through Firestick not good look at all but when I watch Prime Video through TV, Beautiful pic

Old 10-04-2022, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
When I watch channels on youtubetv through Firestick the picture is more crisp and colorful. When I watch YTTV through the Samsung TV not quite the same. When I watch Prime Video through Firestick not good look at all but when I watch Prime Video through TV, Beautiful pic
Okay, but you skipped over responding about your settings (which two people suggested to you). My Samsung TV supports different pictures settings for each picture source. It also has a picture setting which makes the picture the same on all picture sources. Does yours have that? What are your current picture settings for the HDMI input with the FireTV stick?

Last edited by akrausz; 10-04-2022 at 06:43 AM..

Old 10-04-2022, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrausz View Post
Okay, but you skipped over responding about your settings (which two people suggested to you). My Samsung TV supports different pictures settings for each picture source. It also has a picture setting which makes the picture the same on all picture sources. Does yours have that? What are your current picture settings for the HDMI input with the FireTV stick?
Yes I do but I would need assistance with that because I wouldnt know what I was looking at when trying to change the settings. Im new to Smart TV's and the Streaming App world

Old 10-05-2022, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Yes I do but I would need assistance with that because I wouldnt know what I was looking at when trying to change the settings. Im new to Smart TV's and the Streaming App world
You must have found the picture settings to be able to answer "yes". Pictures settings still behave like before smart TVs. Go under Picture Settings, then Expert Settings, then Reset Picture. Then make sure Apply Picture Settings says "All Sources". Report back how that goes.

Last edited by akrausz; 10-05-2022 at 05:26 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology