Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2008, 03:21 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,616,833 times

Advertisements

This just out about how U.S. Military scientists have unlocked the secrets to regrowing limbs, organs, and skin etc. The technology known as Nano Scaffolding uses a special nano material where the cells are applied and it creates what ever human part they wish to create. This can also be possibly used for spinal cord paralysis and Parkinson's.

They will present their findings at the 26th Army Science Conference next month in florida.

U.S. military can regrow human limbs, organs - Canada.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2008, 07:11 PM

5,068 posts, read 10,130,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6/3 View Post
This just out about how U.S. Military scientists have unlocked the secrets to regrowing limbs, organs, and skin etc. The technology known as Nano Scaffolding uses a special nano material where the cells are applied and it creates what ever human part they wish to create. This can also be possibly used for spinal cord paralysis and Parkinson's.

They will present their findings at the 26th Army Science Conference next month in florida.

U.S. military can regrow human limbs, organs - Canada.com
Very interesting stuff. I found this site, where there the actual question-answer session.

I was just now wondering: Suppose a guy lost his finger and went through this procedure, would he have the same fingerprint?

Old 11-09-2008, 09:39 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,057,650 times
Recalled seeing this some time ago - but had forgotten,,, quite amazing what the potentials are here.

The show I saw this on earlier this year: Medicine's Cutting Edge: Re-Growing Organs, The Future Is Here: Regenerative Powder, Ink Jet Heart Cells And Custom-Made Body Parts - CBS News

And article from 2006: Medical Breakthrough: Doctors Can Grow Human Organs - Health - redOrbit

Old 11-09-2008, 09:41 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
not as outrageous as victory is at hand in the middle east.

Old 11-10-2008, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian.Pearson View Post
Very interesting stuff. I found this site, where there the actual question-answer session.

I was just now wondering: Suppose a guy lost his finger and went through this procedure, would he have the same fingerprint?
I'll read up the link later Brian as it was an extensive read so thanks for posting it.

That's a good question about his fingerprint as i don't know. Although i'm glad they helped on the technolory whats odd is why is the U.S. military working on this and not the NIH which is the U.S. Governments research arm.

Old 11-10-2008, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
Recalled seeing this some time ago - but had forgotten,,, quite amazing what the potentials are here.

The show I saw this on earlier this year: Medicine's Cutting Edge: Re-Growing Organs, The Future Is Here: Regenerative Powder, Ink Jet Heart Cells And Custom-Made Body Parts - CBS News

And article from 2006: Medical Breakthrough: Doctors Can Grow Human Organs - Health - redOrbit
Yeap i remember those shows earlier this year. Makes you think we are really becoming star wars/ star trek over the next 50 years. Sometimes i think about the babies born today and wonder if they'll ever know a world of aging and the diseases that we have always known in ours.

Old 11-10-2008, 06:02 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,057,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6/3 View Post
Yeap i remember those shows earlier this year. Makes you think we are really becoming star wars/ star trek over the next 50 years. Sometimes i think about the babies born today and wonder if they'll ever know a world of aging and the diseases that we have always known in ours.
Tell ya what, with the logarithmic rate of knowledge and technology increasing, I wonder if it will be sooner than 50 years... but, must temper that as how many pundits in the past had foretold of marvels that we should be experiencing now...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology