Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 06:30 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,206,581 times

Advertisements

I am trying to identify a foreign language that is on an outgoing message of a cell phone. It has me baffled. I wish I could make a wave file to put on here, but not sure how to do so.

Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2010, 11:46 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,682,582 times
Place this question in the Science and Technology/Cell Phones or Computer forums and you'll get a better response.

Old 02-26-2010, 11:50 AM

If you can't directly get the recording from the cell to a computer file then you need to connect a microphone to your PC and play the message into it. There is a program in most versions of Windows to capture sounds and it will make a recording. It is found by going to Start/All Programs/Accessories/Sound Recorder and starting it.

Click on Start recording and play the voice mail into the microphone. Click Stop Recording when it is done.

As for getting a recording to play on CD I'm not sure what they have in place that will allow you to do this. Perhaps a MOD will know.

Someone in the cell phone forums might know if you can transfer directly to a PC if you include your cell phone brand and model.

Old 02-26-2010, 12:25 PM

Thanks, Tek_Freek

Since I've met you and Mrs. Tek in RL when you visited Jax, I've sent you the phone number via a rep. Do you know what language it is?!

Old 02-26-2010, 01:13 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,859,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Bloom View Post
I am trying to identify a foreign language that is on an outgoing message of a cell phone. It has me baffled. I wish I could make a wave file to put on here, but not sure how to do so.

Any ideas?
I can only identify one foreign language, and that's foul language...

When you mention an "Outgoing message", I assume it's a voicemail. If that's the case, depending on your wireless service provider, you may have the option of forwarding that message to your email address, which will be received as an audio file, like a .wav or another format you can open with a media player on your computer. You can then upload the sound file to a website like Photobucket.com or YouTube.com (if you have an account with them) or you might look at attaching that audio file to a message here on City Data, assuming the sound file is not very large, you should be able to do that. Use the "Attach" option, which is the paper clip symbol above the message text window.

Hope that helps.

Old 02-26-2010, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Bloom View Post
Thanks, Tek_Freek

Since I've met you and Mrs. Tek in RL when you visited Jax, I've sent you the phone number via a rep. Do you know what language it is?!
Unless it's English, easy Spanish, or easy French I'm no good to you.

Old 02-26-2010, 02:19 PM

I was right. Not a clue.

Old 02-26-2010, 02:22 PM

If you enter that number in Google (add the 1- in front of it) you will find out who it belongs to. If you then enter the address given into Google maps it will give you a partial list of what is at that address.

Old 02-26-2010, 02:26 PM

And I put the name in Google, Google added the word fraud to it automatically and gave a long list of not good references to this person, assuming it's the same one.

Old 02-26-2010, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
And I put the name in Google, Google added the word fraud to it automatically and gave a long list of not good references to this person, assuming it's the same one.
That makes sense, as it is someone being investigated by the feds- and for good reason. I'm sure it is the same name- BK?

I had three teens listen to the outgoing message and none of them had a clue as to what language either. Think it could it be a Baltic language?

Mike- I would quickly be able to identify it if it was foul language, as well....as a matter of fact, I have used foul language in conjunction with BK's name on numerous occasions.... he owes me $..... Ha!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology