Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 09:23 PM

1,278 posts, read 2,622,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
LMAO! That's a good point too but some are treating that like she robbed a bank.
When will you realize that her jaywalking is NOT the issue at hand. The issue at hand is that she HIT an officer. It should not matter if she robbed a bank or jaywalked or littered. She disobey an officer who gave a lawful order and then decided to resist arrest. Why are you so concerned about her jaywalking?

If she robbed a bank, then will she be justified to hit an officer since she is already a criminal?

Old 06-16-2010, 09:43 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,387,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmusmc85 View Post
When will you realize that her jaywalking is NOT the issue at hand. The issue at hand is that she HIT an officer. It should not matter if she robbed a bank or jaywalked or littered. She disobey an officer who gave a lawful order and then decided to resist arrest. Why are you so concerned about her jaywalking?

If she robbed a bank, then will she be justified to hit an officer since she is already a criminal?
I watched the video again and I didn't see her hit the cop. I saw her make contact with the cop (which she still shouldn't have done) but the cop didn't move which means that she didn't even push him. Not sure what planet you've spent most of your time on.

Old 06-16-2010, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
I watched the video again and I didn't see her hit the cop. I saw her make contact with the cop (which she still shouldn't have done) but the cop didn't move which means that she didn't even push him. Not sure what planet you've spent most of your time on.
You didn't see her shove the cop? Everyone else seems to see it. Heres the full clip in case you need to view it again. And why are you so concerned if he didn't move? Like i said before, no matter how much damage she actually did is not the issue. She touched an officer and tried to free a suspect when he was making an arrest. It's against the law. We ALL know that.

The Stranger, Seattle's Only Newspaper

"Both young women have criminal records. One has pushed an officer before. They are both menaces to society and if they don't change their delusional ways they will end up in prison or dead eventually."

Old 06-16-2010, 10:06 PM

1,292 posts, read 4,704,642 times
Planning a trip to Seattle and was depending on walking a lot/using the bus. Should I worry about being approached by the Seattle police? I see users say this is nothing new to Seattle...

Last edited by Anders15; 06-16-2010 at 10:14 PM..

Old 06-16-2010, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders15 View Post
Planning a trip to Seattle and was depending on walking a lot/using the bus. Should I worry about being approached by the Seattle police? I see users say this is nothing new to Seattle.

I've never been to the west I've been in va all my life so I'm hoping not to run into problems due to culture differences.. people do this all the time here and are never arrested. Heck I've seen cops here on their phone while driving and I've seen cops do nothing for people who don't use signal or turning on red. It's more laid back even if it is technically illegal.

Like I said police here don't sweat the small stuff so what are the common taboos I should be aware of? Apparently jaywalking is serious business so what else sets the police there off?
Well, I'm not sure you heard about this yet, but apparently it's illegal to resist arrest and it's also illegal to assault a cop. Can you believe that? The nerve of those racist, shady cops!!!

Old 06-16-2010, 10:22 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,387,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders15 View Post
Planning a trip to Seattle and was depending on walking a lot/using the bus. Should I worry about being approached by the Seattle police? I see users say this is nothing new to Seattle...
Nah don't worry. When I was there I walked everywhere and rarely even saw a cop. You won't want to jaywalk if you're not from there. It's dangerous to an outsider. Like I said before, I walked a long way to get to one of those pedestrian crossing bridges (they have a lot of these in Seattle) to get across Aurora Ave. Granted Aurora is likely an extreme example but the crosswalk are a good idea. I jaywalked once, on 5th and Mercer and got stranded for a while on this little thing that was supposed to be an island.

Anyway, enough with my tangent. You will enjoy the city of Seattle.

Old 06-16-2010, 10:28 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,861,688 times
Moral of the story: if a cop tells you to stop, stop. If he tells you to keep your hands where he can see them, keep your hands where he can see them.

Old 06-16-2010, 10:32 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,974,991 times
In my opinion this can be easily boiled down to the common problem plaguing society that compels them to believe they dont have to obey the rule of authority. Well she now knows otherwise. I hope he gets promoted.

Old 06-17-2010, 02:18 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,023,427 times
This will blow over in time. I never jaywalk (anymore).

Old 06-17-2010, 07:49 AM

172 posts, read 442,065 times
jaywalking isn't the minor problem, its the assualt. My dad works as a correction officer and an inmate scratched his face in a fight and got two extra years for assualt behind bars. Don't mess with the police or correction officers they do a tough job. The girl probably deserved it for pushing the officer and touching him. She should have got worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: