Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2010, 12:32 PM

1 posts, read 2,830 times

Advertisements

My husband is relocating for job. We are moving into an apt Archstone apts. Can you tell me how the area is. Also the schools are
Tiffany Park Elementary School Nelson Junior High School Lindberg High School. I have heard horror stories and now I am very concerned. We are only renting for a year but would like to stay in same area for kids. Please be honest. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 01:12 PM

1,142 posts, read 1,249,187 times
I'm not familiar with those apartments but it's in a nice area of Renton. What horror stories have you heard? Renton has a lot of different areas and most of them are ok.

Old 06-22-2010, 03:25 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,360,346 times
The Archstone in Renton is in a nice enough area, just down the hill from Fairwood and up the hill from the Maple Valley Hwy. The problem is that some of the buildings in the complex are right on 140th, which is a busy and noisy street...I've heard good things about Tiffany Park Elementary and Lindbergh High, and don't know anything about Nelsen middle school.

Old 06-22-2010, 04:38 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,603,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgergirlmoving2wa View Post
My husband is relocating for job. We are moving into an apt Archstone apts. Can you tell me how the area is. Also the schools are
Tiffany Park Elementary School Nelson Junior High School Lindberg High School. I have heard horror stories and now I am very concerned. We are only renting for a year but would like to stay in same area for kids. Please be honest. Thank you!
At the risk of sounding like a smart aleck, what research did you do prior to signing the lease?

Old 06-27-2010, 05:30 PM

24 posts, read 44,181 times
That's a pretty decent area. It's far enough away from the 'lowlands' that crime shouldn't be a problem (the farther away from Rainier Ave, the better). There's a golf course at the bottom of the hill with a nice restaurant and there are nice looking woods around that area as well. At the top of the hill you reach Petrovitsky Road, which has a ton of shops/stores/grocers. As with most complexes in the Seattle Metro area, parking in the complex will probably be awful if you have more than one car. For some reason, even if there would be room, many complexes find it necessary to make parking a nightmare.

Old 06-28-2010, 01:01 PM

1,632 posts, read 6,847,616 times
I lived at the Cedar River apartments (it wasn't an Archstone at the time) a few years ago when I first relocated to WA. They were pretty decent overall, and I liked the location for the most part, right on the river and convenient to Fairwood and other business areas. My particular apartment was quiet and close to a really nice protected wetland, where I could often see deer feeding in the morning. But I'm sure that the ones facing SR-169 are noisier.

FWIW, these apartments are technically not in Renton, but rather unincorporated King County. Parking wasn't an issue, but a friend of mine who lived there more recently told me that it is now.

If I had to do the renting thing over again in Renton, I might opt for the complexes along Lake Washington Blvd. or maybe downtown. But the Archstone was not bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area