Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2010, 01:55 PM

38 posts, read 154,527 times

Advertisements

I'm a 29 yr old professional and I'm going to be relocating to the Seattle area in the next few weeks and am looking for a 1 br apartment. Prefer a bustling, but non-kegger environment.

Any recommendations for some newer (or very well maintained) apartments would be much appreciated.

I'll be commuting to Mountlake Terrace, so Belltown and North are welcome. I'm looking for something around $1200 a month or less. I'm currently looking at Northgate 507, Santorini at the Park, 507 Northgate, Post Alley

Also, any info of neighborhoods to stay out of would be great to know of also.

(yes - I've read through the previous posts)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2010, 02:26 PM

304 posts, read 851,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aryder09 View Post

From what I've heard from the locals, Pioneer Square gets sketchy at night. No offense to anyone from there. I understand that it's a fun place, but I would avoid that neighborhood in terms of a potential residence.

Old 07-01-2010, 07:06 PM

34 posts, read 110,890 times
Not really able to help with any specific recommendations, but I can provide a little input on some neighborhoods.

I lived in Belltown for a short stint and did not really enjoy it. Aside from the fatal shooting that occurred two blocks from my place, nothing terrible happened while I was there.. I just got tired of things like avoiding the puddles of puke that appeared on the sidewalk every weekend. The neighborhood certainly had a lot going for it, but I would rather live elsewhere and commute in when I felt like it.

I also lived on the edge of Pioneer Square (sorta toward the International District) and enjoyed it to a much greater extent. From what I saw, it did not seem any sketchier than Belltown at night.. and I definitely saw fewer broad-daylight drug transactions taking place in PS. Pioneer Square was also cheaper and more convenient when walking to my office, so I probably had a slight bias in its favor.

That said, I feel compelled to state that I have never _once_ felt unsafe in Seattle like I have elsewhere (Atlanta comes to mind). As long as you're not the type that panics when a panhandler approaches you, you'll probably feel safe here too.

Old 07-02-2010, 12:04 AM

228 posts, read 687,706 times
Quote:
I'm a 29 yr old professional and I'm going to be relocating to the Seattle area in the next few weeks and am looking for a 1 br apartment. Prefer a bustling, but non-kegger environment.

Any recommendations for some newer (or very well maintained) apartments would be much appreciated.

I'll be commuting to Mountlake Terrace, so Belltown and North are welcome. I'm looking for something around $1200 a month or less. I'm currently looking at Northgate 507, Santorini at the Park, 507 Northgate, Post Alley

DM me for some info on the building I live in. I think it may fit the bill for you.

Joe

Old 07-05-2010, 11:45 PM

stopped by the place you mentioned, but it seems like they only have apartments for 2K and up. Anyway - i'm looking for something still, so if anyone can provide a suggestion, and I end up going with that apt, I dont mind listing them as the referral - in texas, thats usually worth a few hundred bucks or so.

btw - wth is up with 60 degree weather in july? is that normal?

Old 07-06-2010, 11:59 PM

Quote:
stopped by the place you mentioned, but it seems like they only have apartments for 2K and up. Anyway - i'm looking for something still, so if anyone can provide a suggestion, and I end up going with that apt, I dont mind listing them as the referral - in texas, thats usually worth a few hundred bucks or so.

Sorry, it didn't work out for you. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Joe

Old 07-07-2010, 12:52 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,369,433 times

It's supposed to go up to 90 in the next day or so. I think I prefer 60, but not 60 and drizzly, unless it's in January.

Old 07-07-2010, 02:45 PM

615 posts, read 1,076,799 times
Quote:
wth is up with 60 degree weather in july? is that normal?
Yeah, at the beginning anyways.

Old 07-08-2010, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijoe13 View Post
Sorry, it didn't work out for you. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Joe
I appreciate the tip. Looked like an awesome place to live. Just wish I would have been able to hit one of the specials when they had it going on.

Old 07-08-2010, 07:52 PM

Quote:
I appreciate the tip. Looked like an awesome place to live. Just wish I would have been able to hit one of the specials when they had it going on.
It seems like they've continually had specials;, i.e., 3 months free, 4 months free, 6 months free parking, etc...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area