Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 06:53 PM

62 posts, read 277,742 times

Advertisements

Thanks for useful information about West Seattle neighbhorhoods by crime rate and other Seattle area suggestions!

I found a nice townhouse to live. I think it's in North Seattle (Wedgewood) on 75th Street not far from the Univ. of WA.

Does anyone know about its crime rate? I think it's pretty safe since it's near Sand Point Country Club and away from Green Lake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2010, 11:07 PM

62 posts, read 277,742 times
Any comments about the safety and the location of Wedgewood in North Seattle near Sandpoint Country Club about 4 miles north of UW campus?

Old 09-08-2010, 12:11 AM

542 posts, read 1,478,922 times
Sandpoint and Wedgewood in general are safe as far as I know, but my question is where is the townhouse in relation to I-5. Of the Sandpoint area that I know, it is off the beaten path to I-5 which could make your commute to Everett a bit of a pain.

I was also going to recommend looking into Greenwood, Phinney and Greenlake. A few "iffy" parts of Greenwood and Greenlake, but for the most part good (just stay off of Aurora/99) and a good mid point between Seattle and Everett.

Old 09-08-2010, 07:40 AM

579 posts, read 1,210,158 times
Quote:
I think it's pretty safe since it's near Sand Point Country Club and away from Green Lake.
It's my understanding that Green Lake is a good place you'd want to be near, not bad. Everything I've looked at in and around Green Lake, including most of Phinney Ridge, Maple Leaf, Greenwood, Wedgewood was beautiful. We had originally wanted either Ballard, Queen Anne or Magnolia until we were there again this summer........we just fell in love with the whole Green Lake area.

EDIT: of course keeping in mind we were not looking directly off of Aurora, but you'll get that in any major city, where the parts near the freeway are the worst.

Old 09-08-2010, 09:18 AM

368 posts, read 695,581 times
Quote:
W. Seattle has a bit more California-esque feeling to it
If West seattle had 'California vibes or a California feel' I wouldn't have stayed here the past 11 years. If you're referring to Alki on a summer day when everyone is cruising, yeah it's kind of California like but Alki is a very small part of West Seattle.

Old 09-08-2010, 01:45 PM

542 posts, read 1,478,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyDawg View Post
If West seattle had 'California vibes or a California feel' I wouldn't have stayed here the past 11 years. If you're referring to Alki on a summer day when everyone is cruising, yeah it's kind of California like but Alki is a very small part of West Seattle.

Agreed. And even Alki is nothing like California unless you mean there is the sand and water. The vibe is completely different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area