Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2010, 04:53 PM

1 posts, read 8,376 times

Advertisements

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Hello, a friend and I will are in Seattle for a few days without a car and we’re hoping to make it out to Rainier or Tiger Mountain. However, we’re having a hard time finding any trains or busses that can’t get us to either. I was just wondering if anyone would know how we could get to one of those 2 destinations without a car, or somewhere close to them. Thank you for any suggestions![/SIZE][/FONT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2010, 10:20 PM

1,930 posts, read 6,535,543 times
You can take any of the Express buses from downtown to Issaquah. There are several Tiger Mtn trailheads near Issaquah though you would have to walk a bit to get to my favorite I think. One of my favorites is the Chirico Trail (also known as Poo Poo Point) but you can also hike a connector trail from behind Issaquah Highschool that is 7 miles up and back to Poo Poo point I believe. Squak Mtn is right off of 900 which where the Issaquah Park N Ride is.

Here's an article that discusses some of these hikes...

Hike Of The Week: Turn your boots loose in the 'Issaquah Alps'

Would suggest lunch at the Issaquah Brewery or if you are spendy, there is a Jak's in Issaquah. Mandarin Garden and Shanghai Garden are also great for Chinese.

Old 07-12-2010, 11:46 AM

807 posts, read 2,258,314 times
Mt Rainier- you need to have a car unless you're doing a charter bus tour. I go through this every summer. Usually I find a friend who wants to go and pay their gas/park fee.

Old 07-12-2010, 04:03 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,775,391 times
You'll want to take a charter bus tour to Rainier. Don't bother with Tiger if you're only going to be here a couple of days. There's more scenic views in Seattle itself and the bus stops aren't near the trailheads at all.

Old 07-13-2010, 01:06 PM

271 posts, read 1,236,819 times
Grayline bus tour, see them all the time.
Seattle sightseeing tours-explore the Northwest with Gray Line

Old 07-13-2010, 07:21 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,937,011 times
Default May be cheaper to rent a car...

I was quoted $80 per person for a Tour Bus for a 10 hour tour with an unknown group people who may be great, or may be jerks.

You can take the light rail from downtown Seattle to Sea-Tac airport for $2.50 per person, grab a rental car, drive to Rainier, see what you want, and return to town. Some in-town hotels even have rental counters but you would have greater choice of bargain rental providers and vehicles at the airport.

For one person the tour would be cheaper, for two people the cost may be equal, for three or more travelers a rental car would be the cheapest method.

Old 07-19-2010, 07:15 PM

271 posts, read 1,236,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MI-Roger View Post
I was quoted $80 per person for a Tour Bus for a 10 hour tour with an unknown group people who may be great, or may be jerks.
....yep, its a bus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area