U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2007, 01:50 AM

9,159 posts, read 11,128,863 times

Advertisements

I have been living in Seattle for 1 year and I have a question about the summer here. When I arrived here last year on the end of June the weather was sunny and warm until the beginning of October. But this year the weather is still cold and rainy. It's almost July. What is normal for the weather here during the summer and when does usually summer start and end
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2007, 10:20 AM

3,225 posts, read 13,504,366 times
It varies, but it's normal to be in June and still have the heat on, with the drizzle and gray a constant.

We were still living in Seattle last summer, and we made a week long trip at the end of June, to where we are now living, in Austin, and were so bummed after the sun and heat to come back to drizzle chilly - IN JUNE!

July and August, typically are nice. You may still have a day of cloud cover/drizzle here and there in July. July 4th BBQ's are never a guarantee, but August is pretty consistantly nice.

September can get chilly & rainy quickly.

Last summer, August and early September was really nice and sunny, for the most part. I remember that there was significant rain near the end of September, because as part of our closing agreement, we had to re-roof our house by Sept 27th and it was delayed 2 wks because of rain and I was really starting to stress out.

We drove away Sept 29th, and I remember that I had to unpack the summer stuff from boxes for us to have on hand the second we drove into Texas. It had been packed already for a couple of weeks.

Old 06-25-2007, 10:40 AM

3,178 posts, read 14,148,121 times
I have lived here 3 years and my husband (whose been here 14 years) keeps saying this "This weather is different it's not the normal Seattle weather" He says it EVERY month and EVERY season

This is what I've come up with.

The weather here is SPORATIC. It doesn't have a constant sunny time - or constant drizzley time - it goes back and forth all year long with no predicatability...

Old 06-25-2007, 10:56 AM

148 posts, read 735,111 times
Pretty much, the rule of thumb is that the nice weather really doesn't start until after the 4th of July. It ends sometime around early/mid-October.

Old 06-25-2007, 11:40 AM

534 posts, read 3,004,822 times
Last year was one of the warmest/driest summers on record (2nd lowest on record for rain). This year seems more typical, with the unofficial summer starting around the July 4th weekend. We still have the heat running but it's supposed to warm up for a few days.

Old 06-25-2007, 12:36 PM

277 posts, read 1,253,902 times
The old adage is pretty much true: Summer doesn't start till AFTER the 4th of July.

We *usually* have a slow let down into winter, I've seen it be "nice" (more sun than rain/clouds & fairly warm during the day) up through November in past years. But this past year the curtain came down hard in September and we never really had a "fall."

Just remember, it isn't called "Junuary" for nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: