Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 12:23 AM

3,721 posts, read 7,826,181 times

Advertisements

How about directions to farthest away places? I've had lost people ask me how to get to places such as yakima, portland, bremerton, olympia, aberdeen, and farthest of all, a lost person asking how to get to spokane. I had to ask them if they were sure they didn't mean spokane street. Nope, the city! Can't believe how some of these people got so lost to end up so far from their destinations!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2010, 07:31 AM

780 posts, read 1,577,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjg5 View Post
How about directions to farthest away places? I've had lost people ask me how to get to places such as yakima, portland, bremerton, olympia, aberdeen, and farthest of all, a lost person asking how to get to spokane. I had to ask them if they were sure they didn't mean spokane street. Nope, the city! Can't believe how some of these people got so lost to end up so far from their destinations!
I was in Europe some time ago, and while at a Belgian cafe, a local couple informed me they were discussing a two-week driving trip in the US. Included in the places they wanted to visit were NYC, New Orleans, the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone and LA, plus a few others that I don't recall any longer. They had thought that the distances in America were like that in Europe, where with a Eurorail pass, you could see half a dozen countries in two weeks.

One of my relatives thought that the drive from Portland to Sacramento should be an easy 2-3 hour trip, figuring that since they were in neighboring states, and since Sacramento is in northern CA, the drive shouldn't be long.

Sounds like we've both met folks with incorrect "distance perception." lol

Old 08-30-2010, 07:09 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,528,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseJB View Post
Some lady at the train station in Portland today was trying to convince the ticket guys that Vancouver, BC was between Portland and Seattle.
Tell her to call 1 800 dumb ***

Old 09-10-2010, 02:23 AM

746 posts, read 1,677,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
I was at a truck stop in Canada and this big old Caddy with a Texas plate rolled up and the guy said,"Where are we?" I looked at him and said,"Saskatoon Saskchewan". His wife looks over at him and says,"He doesn't speak English dear". LOL
LOL! I was born raised in that area. Funniest thing EVER:
Worked with a guy in one of those lube change places. He was croatian, didn't quite have the english down pat. Lady with Arkansas plates and a thick accent comes in asking for him to check the tranny fluid in her vehicle. It took almost five minutes of hilarious exchange for one to figure out what the other was saying!

Old 09-10-2010, 02:34 AM

746 posts, read 1,677,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseJB View Post
Some lady at the train station in Portland today was trying to convince the ticket guys that Vancouver, BC was between Portland and Seattle.
Was probably referring to Vancouver WA.

guy 1: Where are you from?

guy 2: Vancouver

guy 1: Canada?

guy 2: No Washinton

guy 1: D.C. ?

guy 2: never mind
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area