Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 01:52 AM

478 posts, read 2,303,595 times

Advertisements

I would tell any woman -- regardless of color -- that approaching men in the Pacific NW is pretty much the way to go. I have never had a man not be impressed or even flattered by the attention. And FYI, I was the one who approached my partner first (but he technically asked me out on the first date).

The comment about the guys being too busy with work has a lot of truth to it. The guys who still have jobs are working overtime right now; most of my techie friends rarely, if ever, make it out to clubs or dances. Since technology is such an integral part of social interaction in Seattle, I would also say that you may want to give the internet a second look. Especially given the high-tech nature of people's work around here, there are men for whom their primary form of communication is via the internet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2010, 11:38 AM

1,463 posts, read 6,221,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattlitefromNC View Post
I would tell any woman -- regardless of color -- that approaching men in the Pacific NW is pretty much the way to go. I have never had a man not be impressed or even flattered by the attention. And FYI, I was the one who approached my partner first (but he technically asked me out on the first date).

The comment about the guys being too busy with work has a lot of truth to it. The guys who still have jobs are working overtime right now; most of my techie friends rarely, if ever, make it out to clubs or dances. Since technology is such an integral part of social interaction in Seattle, I would also say that you may want to give the internet a second look. Especially given the high-tech nature of people's work around here, there are men for whom their primary form of communication is via the internet.

LOL...I know of NOOO man that will be offended if a woman approaches....you won't see it, but when he gets out into the parking lot, he'll be either break dancing or michael flatley dancing....

Old 09-15-2010, 12:38 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,859,898 times
When I have alcohol, I think I actually smell better because my armpit and feet sweating stop.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:32 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,858,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sekhmet1974 View Post
Um, what are you talking about??
Back in Boston, we call it "saah-casm."

Old 09-16-2010, 02:40 PM

3,757 posts, read 9,058,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
...because Fort Lewis is not in the PNW.
To be fair, Fort Lewis is military which means most of those living there are not from the NW - they are temporary residents.

Old 09-16-2010, 04:04 PM

1,062 posts, read 2,251,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandygirl View Post
... I am having a difficult time finding the non-creeps (i.e. guys who bathe regularly, comb their hair and are members of my generation).

I can definitely agree with your observations as that is what I observed when I was in Seattle this summer. Not that I was interested in meeting men or anything since I am a straight male. However, I noticed that what you described above is prevalent in Seattle. It's almost like many guys in Seattle go out of their way to look sloppy and dirty. Some women too, but not nearly as many as men from what I saw.

Old 09-16-2010, 04:07 PM

1,062 posts, read 2,251,500 times
Attached is a summary of my experiences and observation during my visit in Seattle this summer.

//www.city-data.com/forum/seatt...ter-month.html

Old 09-16-2010, 04:27 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,859,898 times
My parents are visiting America for the first time. They have been here in Seattle for just one week, and yesterday my mother said everyone was telling her that America is full of fat people and she does not see that in Seattle at all.

Maybe I should tell her that Seattle has fit people, but they are generally smelly?! At least the men...

Old 09-16-2010, 04:31 PM

918 posts, read 1,697,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usernametaken View Post
My parents are visiting America for the first time. They have been here in Seattle for just one week, and yesterday my mother said everyone was telling her that America is full of fat people and she does not see that in Seattle at all.
She should visit Renton and Southcenter then

Old 09-16-2010, 04:49 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,922,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sekhmet1974 View Post
Um, what are you talking about??
lol- that poor guy will get eaten alive in Brooklyn.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area