Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 11:18 PM

700 posts, read 2,596,351 times

Advertisements

Okay, as mentioned in a previous thread there potentially is a large portion of downtown that maybe will be sold in large chunks in the near future. (there is an article in the Times I believe) Though the reality is that this will take awhile to unfold, and have some both positive and negative effects on the emerald city..Lets play developer....

What would you (in our fantasy world)...build downtown??
Remember...even in "fantasy land" you need return on your investment!!!
Basically, what in your opinion does downtown need, based upon other cities or countries you have been to and said "gee, i wish we had that in Seattle"

It really is a great area (Denny Triangle) geographically in the downtown..

have fun!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2007, 10:53 AM

5,595 posts, read 19,049,517 times
Did you mean things residents would like to see added to the city? Things like theaters, parks, perhaps a planetarium? ...or even an In and Out Burger?

Personally, I once thought I'd like to see an In and Out Burger in the Seattle area, but there's Dicks! ...is an In and Out needed?

Old 07-05-2007, 12:10 PM

3,225 posts, read 14,063,220 times
Dick's is ok. I think it's hype is simply because it's an institution, and nearly every generation can recall a "Dick's" story... don't you think?

Kid Valley is just as good, if not better, and they have a veggie burger. Burgermaster... just as good too, but I would take Sonic over Burgermaster.

I don't think Dick's is really about the food. BUT, I have never been to an In n' Out... only heard the hype....

Old 07-05-2007, 12:11 PM

5,864 posts, read 15,244,428 times
First off I too would like to see some sort of green space with a large fountain and benches. Residential of course is essential but for me there should be more than highrise condos. I believe townhouses would work really nice. A townhouse development close to the street. Perhaps something like this.

One or two nice hotels and street level retail, restaurants and entertainment options. No big box chains AT ALL. Also some of the new residential should be set aside for low to moderate income levels.

So all in all plenty of residential with highrises and townhomes. A nice park with a huge fountain and benches. Plenty of street level retail and restaurants. Maybe even a small grocer like Red Apple. Two new hotels in the mix. Also nice trees and beautiful landscaping. This would make for a nice, diverse community. With the new street trolley this area will be awesome.

Old 07-05-2007, 01:36 PM

5,595 posts, read 19,049,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenbar View Post
Dick's is ok. I think it's hype is simply because it's an institution, and nearly every generation can recall a "Dick's" story... don't you think?

Kid Valley is just as good, if not better, and they have a veggie burger. Burgermaster... just as good too, but I would take Sonic over Burgermaster.

I don't think Dick's is really about the food. BUT, I have never been to an In n' Out... only heard the hype....

You're absolutely right about Dick's being an "institution." Yes, its burgers don't compare with Kid Valley or Burgermaster ...and they're not supposed to.

Dick's has made a relatively simple burger and hasn't really changed the "recipe" for decades. It seems to taste the same as when I was in high school. They use fresh hambuger; they use fresh cut potatoes for their fries; they hand mix shakes, the window folks add up the orders in their head; etc. They also have a very limited menu.

The In and Out food reminds me of Dick's ...simple, fast, but somehow good.

Old 07-05-2007, 03:08 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,701,853 times
I'd want more grocery stores or convience stores

All those condos and you can't really get a loaf of bread somewhere - I did hear a Whole foods just came in - but not in Belltown

Old 07-05-2007, 03:10 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,701,853 times
I have not had Dick's yet! I've had In and Out and my husband says Dick's sucks (and he's lived here 14 years) - so we never get the chance to go to Dick's

He likes that Red Mill Burger

Old 07-05-2007, 04:29 PM

700 posts, read 2,596,351 times
I agree pwright..(nice photo btw).some kind of green space included would be nice. With a common area of shops and smart living. I hope developers can invison a place with a community feel, as opposed to building after building for profit...
I also would like to see some kinda artist co-op place (I may be using that word poorly)..kinda an art village with actual working studios of local glassblowers, sculptors ,woodworkers etc...with an area close to their (inexpensive)studios to sell. and the opportunity to hold classes for their craft in teaching facilities...There would also be cafes, bookstores and a market area...

Yes Dicks is an institution, but In and Out is a better quality burger (IMO)...best of all is an outfit here in Tokyo called MosBurger...The Japanese are rabid for the MosBurger...I think with the highest percentage of Japanese (higher per capita metro areas then even SFO) we should bring it to Seattle....it is really good!!!

Sorry rocco for the "bumbling" I was unaware....

Old 07-08-2007, 12:20 AM

388 posts, read 1,785,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco22 View Post
Did you mean things residents would like to see added to the city? Things like theaters, parks, perhaps a planetarium? ...or even an In and Out Burger?

Personally, I once thought I'd like to see an In and Out Burger in the Seattle area, but there's Dicks! ...is an In and Out needed?
In and Out over Dick's?

Absotively...no comparison.

Sonic over In and Out, not just for the Sonic Burger...the drink menu is 10 times better.

A Route 44 Cranberry Lime-Ade if you please.

Old 07-09-2007, 09:53 AM

269 posts, read 1,243,849 times
Dick's is like what McDonalds started out like. No seating (at all but one location). Very limited menu, cash only. Lots of places have better burgers, but for example I think Kidd Valley's cheapest costs more than a factor of two more than Dick's most expensive. I go to KV to sit down and eat. I can (and do) drop by Dick's when we're getting lunch en route to somewhere else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area