Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2010, 12:52 AM

1 posts, read 1,833 times

Advertisements

We are living in the South but we used to live in Seattle and we really want to come back. My old company in Everett has made me an offer to return to my old job.

We've been gone for five years. Previously we were dual income no kids and just rented in lower Queen Anne (Roy Street) and LOVED it. We are definitely not suburbs people.

However, we now have two boys (ages 2 and 4), so we have some things to consider that we didn't when we lived in Seattle previously. We obviously are very concerned about public schools (our oldest will start K next fall). We'd like to rent a house with at least 3 bedrooms and some type of yard. I'd like a shorter commute (than lower Queen Anne to Everett which I was doing back in the day). All of that said, we'd still like to be as close to the city as possible.

I know that the further north we go the cheaper it will be but we really would prefer not to live up in Lynnwood or Everett. Whatever we choose will be a balancing act between schools, finances, and proximity to the city. Suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2010, 10:09 AM

9,618 posts, read 27,342,201 times
1. Edmonds- it's not Queen Anne, but it has charm, views, a walkable downtown, and good schools.

2. Bothell- An old downtown with vitality, good schools, and good walking opportunities.

3. Broadview- The Northwest boundary of the City of Seattle, it has a very good elementary school, and a small but nice retail area with a good Italian restaurant.

Old 10-24-2010, 03:36 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,870,170 times
Shoreline has a good school district, and is closer to DT Seattle, but still reasonable to Everett. It also been labeled "Best Neighborhood" or "Best place to live" a couple times as well by Seattle Magazine and some other sources (one ranked it #64 out of 100 best in America).

Old 10-27-2010, 02:53 PM

615 posts, read 1,075,496 times
Wallingford? It's a little farther north than Queen Anne and right off of I-5.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area