Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2010, 02:30 PM

1,292 posts, read 4,704,988 times

Advertisements

I am going to Seattle in January for the first time for a concert at the Paramount Theatre . Should I get there a day before the concert? It is at 8pm on a Saturday. I planned to move there later next year so I figured this concert would be a perfect excuse to 'check the city out'.

Anyways I need some ideas as to where I should rent a hotel from near the theatre. I won't have a car and I'm only 21. I don't want to get lost or anything so are there any good nearby hotels? Does the bus run later than 8? How dangerous is it being out that late downtown without a car? About how much money would I need in Seattle for a day or two?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2010, 03:23 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,342,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders15 View Post
I am going to Seattle in January for the first time for a concert at the Paramount Theatre . Should I get there a day before the concert? It is at 8pm on a Saturday. I planned to move there later next year so I figured this concert would be a perfect excuse to 'check the city out'.

Anyways I need some ideas as to where I should rent a hotel from near the theatre. I won't have a car and I'm only 21. I don't want to get lost or anything so are there any good nearby hotels? Does the bus run later than 8? How dangerous is it being out that late downtown without a car? About how much money would I need in Seattle for a day or two?
The buses run til 1 AM or so, and a few run all night. There are lots of nearby hotels, most of them quite expensive. I don't consider it dangerous at night in downtown Seattle. There are a few hotels around 7th and Bell that are nice but not fancy and less expensive, like the La Quinta.

Old 10-24-2010, 06:20 PM

3,117 posts, read 4,586,370 times
THis is something most people don't think about, but have you considered Craigslist?

They have a vacation rental section and a temporary/sublet section, and there are a LOT of apartments that are rented out on a per-night basis in the downtown area for about 80 bucks.

Old 10-24-2010, 09:02 PM

5 posts, read 9,567 times
There's lot of stuff close to the theatre. Personal suggestion to Priceline a hotel since you don't need a car (if you had a car, the parking would be too expensive to Priceline). You can likely get a really nice (3-4 star) hotel for $50-75/night. Do a google search for Priceline bidding tips if you aren't familiar with bidding. Craigslist is also a reasonable option, but Priceline will likely be cheaper if you work it right.

I have never felt unsafe in downtown at night. There will be plenty of bus stops very close to the theatre. You could also take the bus there, and then get a taxi to take you back to the hotel if you are concerned or buses have stopped running by the time you're done partying.

If you're planning a move, I would definitely come a day or two early and stay a day or two after if that's in your budget.

Old 10-25-2010, 01:31 PM

172 posts, read 442,101 times
From the airport you can take the light rail that takes you right downtown about three blocks from the Paramount. You can look up the cost of the lightrail at Soundtransit.org. Hotels there are alot downtown. Downtown is pretty cool place to see, especially Pikes Place market. I would recomend visiting a day earlier just to see the sites.

Old 10-25-2010, 02:14 PM

807 posts, read 2,258,314 times
Within one block you have the Paramount Hotel, Hyatt Olive 8, Hyatt Grand and the (Watermark?). Not sure the name of the last one. That area is safe at night. Pine Street (the one the Paramount is on) is kind of a migration route for downtowners and Capitol Hill residents going between downtown/Capitol Hill nightlife areas so there are a lot of eyes on the street.

Old 10-25-2010, 07:59 PM

1,292 posts, read 4,704,988 times
Thanks a lot everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area