Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 12:03 PM

588 posts, read 1,312,853 times

Advertisements

Hi Seattle,

I remember watching something like on the food channel that had this really cool restaurant in Seattle I think and I can't remember what it was called!!! I remember that it was a seafood restaurant in which one can get this thing where they dump a lot of yummy (steamed?) seafood on the table and you share or something. it looked really good! does anybody know what I am talking about or was my mind playing tricks on me...?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2010, 12:07 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,234,771 times
It's the Crab Pot at Pier 57 on the Seattle waterfront.

Old 11-03-2010, 12:15 PM

588 posts, read 1,312,853 times
ira500, that's the place!! Thanks for the super quick reply
I realize I must have seen it the one time I was watching man vs food. It seems like their are mixed reviews... is it a tourist trap? is it really good?

Old 11-03-2010, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachj7 View Post
ira500, that's the place!! Thanks for the super quick reply
I realize I must have seen it the one time I was watching man vs food. It seems like their are mixed reviews... is it a tourist trap? is it really good?
It does attract a lot of tourists, but it's fun and it's good. They dump the stuff on the table, paper tablecloths, all kinds of seafood and corn on the cob. They have a sister restaurant in Bellevue across the lake, and it's just not as good.
Certainly not the best seafood in Seattle by a longshot, but if someone's offering to take me there, you betcha!

Old 11-03-2010, 01:52 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,587,026 times
Those places are chains, and not very good seafood. There are many better options.

Old 11-03-2010, 03:52 PM

3,117 posts, read 4,568,187 times
Playing with mallets, as I call it, is always good for a sunny Saturday or when you've got guests in from out of town (as I did over the Halloween weekend). The food is a bit overpriced, but you're on the pier so that's to be expected. It's good. It's not haute cuisine, but you aren't paying for haute cuisine - you're paying for an experience, much like if you go to Benihana's. I think the individual who posted just above this has forgotten that point. Calling it "not very good" is pretty ridiculous, when one considers that you're being presented with shellfish that has been simply steamed in saltwater. There's not much you can do to shellfish when you're serving it in the shell. They couldn't very well put it in an alfredo sauce and then dump that on your table. It's still tasty that way. It's well worth the occasional trip.

Personally, I'd stay away from the one in Bellevue. Something is really lost in translation when you aren't actually eating *on* the waterfront.

Old 11-03-2010, 04:31 PM

Personally, I'd stay away from the one in Bellevue. Something is really lost in translation when you aren't actually eating *on* the waterfront.

Ah, a rare moment when Xanthos and I completely agree. He's right. The one in Bellevue just doesn't cut it. Seems fakey, just like the artificial lake it's on.

Old 11-03-2010, 05:55 PM

807 posts, read 2,251,549 times
The Crab Pot is really fun. But yeah...overpriced so I don't go very often.

Old 11-03-2010, 08:46 PM

3,117 posts, read 4,568,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira500 View Post

Ah, a rare moment when Xanthos and I completely agree. He's right. The one in Bellevue just doesn't cut it. Seems fakey, just like the artificial lake it's on.
Your post intrigued me, so I went back and looked.

Aside from us differing politically, we actually see eye to eye on a great many things :P.

Old 11-03-2010, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathos View Post
Your post intrigued me, so I went back and looked.

Aside from us differing politically, we actually see eye to eye on a great many things :P.
True. It's just that for some reason there's been a lot of political posting lately.
Not thrilled with the election results, but sure glad the election is over. One place I wouldn't go celebrate is Bellevue's Crab Pot
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area