Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 08:39 AM

28 posts, read 53,117 times

Advertisements

I own a smaller home in University Place which is a town bordering Tacoma of about 30K residents. It is safe, has a great small town feel, great schools and close proximity to Sea-Tac. I would not be able to afford it, but I am amazed at the waterfront property one can buy there for relatively little. I think that will shortly be a thing of the past, however- especially now that the golf world has discovered Chambers Bay. But for now, if I were you I would look at places like mls# 112769. Almost an acre with a gorgeous view of Puget Sound. BTW, I have no vested interest- I don't even know who currently lives there. I just day dream about a house with a view. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2010, 03:36 PM

5 posts, read 18,326 times
What about all of the teen drug related arrests in the Mercer Island Reporter blotter? I too am considering a move to Mercer Island but the teen drug abuse was a little concerning. I would love to hear from residents about whether or not these arrests are isolated or rare occurences?

Old 11-15-2010, 09:50 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,600,029 times
The fact nobody has taken the time to engage the OP on why they are conservative, or what their veiws are on any particular subject, are pretty good indicators that the "people keep to themselves" analysis is spot on.

Nobody likes pushy people, whatever they happen to be pushing.

Old 11-16-2010, 06:17 PM

305 posts, read 654,854 times
I don't think it's wise to buy immediately. It takes a while to get a feel for an area and you might end up feeling strongly towards a certain area that is not the one you bought in.
After living here for half a year renting I have gotten a great idea and it actually really comes down to do certain neighbourhoods, I don't prefer every area of Bellevue to every area of Redmond for example.

And no one cares about your religious affiliation, voting preference or hair color here. To each their own is the vibe I get here.

Old 11-16-2010, 08:51 PM

13 posts, read 31,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaHuey View Post
The fact nobody has taken the time to engage the OP on why they are conservative, or what their veiws are on any particular subject, are pretty good indicators that the "people keep to themselves" analysis is spot on.

Nobody likes pushy people, whatever they happen to be pushing.

Hi Aloha,

I am the OP and Good Point!

However, in fairness, I have done a good job in the previous posts explaining what makes us "conservative"

In summary, in Texas we are considered "moderates". We have 2 kids and we want to live in a city that is mostly families with kids.

What we are is "boring" in the sense that we like the house with a yard, suburb, low noise neighborhood that is sleepy. We want a good school district and we are reasonably active parents. It is a bit cliched, but that is what we like.

We also more than likely would have voted for Rossi in the recent election, which I understand is a strict "no-no" in Seattle. However, we did not find him to be an unreasonable selection. We are for low taxes. Our lifestyle is more "modern" in the sense that we are an organic family when it comes to groceries & cooking but we feel that we made the choice ourselves and it was not foisted upon us.

Hope that answers your query

Old 11-17-2010, 12:31 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,600,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by panjabi View Post
Hi Aloha,

I am the OP and Good Point!

However, in fairness, I have done a good job in the previous posts explaining what makes us "conservative"

In summary, in Texas we are considered "moderates". We have 2 kids and we want to live in a city that is mostly families with kids.

What we are is "boring" in the sense that we like the house with a yard, suburb, low noise neighborhood that is sleepy. We want a good school district and we are reasonably active parents. It is a bit cliched, but that is what we like.

We also more than likely would have voted for Rossi in the recent election, which I understand is a strict "no-no" in Seattle. However, we did not find him to be an unreasonable selection. We are for low taxes. Our lifestyle is more "modern" in the sense that we are an organic family when it comes to groceries & cooking but we feel that we made the choice ourselves and it was not foisted upon us.

Hope that answers your query
You will probably find life enjoyable up here, best of luck. Rossi isn't as extreme as the Bible Belt conservatives, though the east side of the state and south of the Puget Sound can be as conservative as any Texas town.

You will appreciate the organic selections up here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area