Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 11:33 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,496,781 times

Advertisements

We used to call it Unsafeway in CA b/c of all the processed foods. yes yes...typical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2011, 12:51 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,851,256 times
Pretty much everyone I know here in SF gets their staples at Safeway. Whole Foods is great, but I've heard it called "Whole Paycheck." This about sums it up...

I'm a couple blocks from all the Chinese/Vietnamese grocers on Clement St, which means that I can get my veggies for next to nothing. Love it! In Seattle, HT Oaktree on Aurora was good for this if you're in North Seattle/Greenwood/etc. Further up when it becomes Highway 99, you've also got Ranch 99 Market, which is a California-based chain of Asian grocery stores. Same deal: produce typically costs 50-70% less than at Safeway or QFC, and I generally found the quality as well as the size of the veggies to be better to boot!

Old 01-03-2011, 01:48 PM

1,278 posts, read 2,921,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSeaman0 View Post
Actually downtown San Diego has a Jack in the Box, Panda Express, Wendy`s, a food court in the mall, there were 2 mcdonald`s when I was there, and for shopping there`s also a Ralph`s and an Albertsons which has anything you want to cook. The best option for grocery shopping downtown here is Safeway in Queen Anne, but they don`t have everything. You`re right, sf doesn`t have that many chains, but I`ve seen more there than here.
How come your apostrophes are backwards? Just curious.

Old 01-06-2011, 06:54 PM

304 posts, read 850,667 times
Soon after arriving here I discovered that I could get cheaper vegetables at Pike Place Market than at one of the local grocery stores. Just thought I'd throw that in.

Old 01-07-2011, 12:30 AM

1,581 posts, read 2,823,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynxis View Post
-Jack in the Box
-Dennys
-IHOP
-Wendys
-McDonalds
-Burger King
-KFC/A&W
-Taco Bell
-Taco Time
-Taco Del Mar
-Azteca
-Old Country Buffet
-Olive Garden
-Red Lobster
-Applebees
-Bucca Di Peppo
-Chilis
-Red Robin
-Five Guys Burgers
-Panda Express
-Pizza Hut
-Dominos
-Papa Johns
-Claim Jumper
-PF Changs
-Macaroni Grill
-Sharis
-Dairy Queen
-Outback
-Long John Silvers
-Sizzler
-Skippers
-Round Table
-California Pizza Kitchen
-Cheesecake Factory
-Little Caesars
-Chuck-e-Cheese
-Subway
-Panera Bread
-Quiznos
-Arbys
-Sonic
-Chipotle
-Ivars

just to name a few
yeah thats nice but only a couple of those are in Seattle the thread is about Seattle not the whole puget sound region. Lol I lived in seattle up untill 2 yrs ago and theres like three time the fast food resteraunts in Auburn Wa. as the whole city of Seattle and Auburn is a tenth of the Size. I always wanted KFC and BurgerKing in Seattle but I would have to go to Ballard or Rainer Beach to get them.I know there part of seattle But in North Seattle and South Seattle. West Seattle has two fast food places only Taco Time and Jack in the Box. Oh and a Mcdonalds In lincoln park area.

Old 01-07-2011, 04:15 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,496,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PollyGlott View Post
How come your apostrophes are backwards? Just curious.
b/c it isn't an apostrophe. It is the grave accent...used in computer language

i.e. SELECT * FROM `database`

`'`'`'`'`'`

Old 01-08-2011, 02:08 AM

1,292 posts, read 4,703,263 times
How about opening a restaurant in Seattle that has food from the "deep south" ? How common are restaurants like that in Seattle? How successful would something like that be and where would it be best to have it?

Old 01-08-2011, 04:50 PM

304 posts, read 850,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders15 View Post
How about opening a restaurant in Seattle that has food from the "deep south" ? How common are restaurants like that in Seattle? How successful would something like that be and where would it be best to have it?
Probably somewhere near the African American History Museum in Beacon Hill. I think it would be very successful since a lot of Black people here are from the south, and the young people who grew up here ate southern food at home or at a relative's house. So there's some nostalgia there.

Old 01-08-2011, 05:14 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,772,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders15 View Post
Toulouse Petit, Kingfish Cafe, Geraldine's Counter. Etc.

There's no Bojangles, if that's what you're getting at.

Old 01-08-2011, 09:21 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,377,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Pretty much everyone I know here in SF gets their staples at Safeway. Whole Foods is great, but I've heard it called "Whole Paycheck." This about sums it up...

I'm a couple blocks from all the Chinese/Vietnamese grocers on Clement St, which means that I can get my veggies for next to nothing. Love it! In Seattle, HT Oaktree on Aurora was good for this if you're in North Seattle/Greenwood/etc. Further up when it becomes Highway 99, you've also got Ranch 99 Market, which is a California-based chain of Asian grocery stores. Same deal: produce typically costs 50-70% less than at Safeway or QFC, and I generally found the quality as well as the size of the veggies to be better to boot!
Where would be the best place for produce in Seattle?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area