Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2010, 08:19 PM

9 posts, read 26,785 times

Advertisements

hi all. i will be relocating to Seattle at the beginning of february with my family. i'm a 20 year old male and my biggest interests are music and skateboarding. i previously lived there and moved away when i was 13 so i have some idea about the city, but im sure it's changed in 7 years. my main concern is being able to find a job as i will start looking for one as soon as i get there. how difficult is it to find an entry level job for someone with little to no experience? even if i don't find one its not that big of a deal as id have food and shelter with my parents, but i would like to move out and get my own place eventually, maybe within a year. how feasable would that be on a min wage(or close to it) job?

another thing is making friends and getting to know people, something that'll be hard because i won't be in school. i'm familiar with capitol hill as the hip place for young people to hang out, and i'll check it out but idk what there is to do there thatd be a good way to meet people. since i'll be 21 in 6 months concerts and clubs and such will be a possibility, so any suggestions regarding that would be cool.

i'm really looking forward to the move, it'll be a nice change from living in rural pennsylvania for years. i can't think of anywhere else i would rather live than Seattle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2010, 01:33 PM

54 posts, read 220,137 times
I wanna go back to Boston

Old 12-21-2010, 03:40 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,839,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevermind90 View Post
hi all. i will be relocating to Seattle at the beginning of february with my family. i'm a 20 year old male and my biggest interests are music and skateboarding. i previously lived there and moved away when i was 13 so i have some idea about the city, but im sure it's changed in 7 years. my main concern is being able to find a job as i will start looking for one as soon as i get there. how difficult is it to find an entry level job for someone with little to no experience? even if i don't find one its not that big of a deal as id have food and shelter with my parents, but i would like to move out and get my own place eventually, maybe within a year. how feasable would that be on a min wage(or close to it) job?

another thing is making friends and getting to know people, something that'll be hard because i won't be in school. i'm familiar with capitol hill as the hip place for young people to hang out, and i'll check it out but idk what there is to do there thatd be a good way to meet people. since i'll be 21 in 6 months concerts and clubs and such will be a possibility, so any suggestions regarding that would be cool.

i'm really looking forward to the move, it'll be a nice change from living in rural pennsylvania for years. i can't think of anywhere else i would rather live than Seattle
Honestly, I think you would make more friends from work. I'm not going to say it's easy; but if you put a lot of effort, you'll find a job. I would say if you have a min wage job, it probably be better to have room-mates. I would also suggest Meet-ups as well.

For most part, Seattle itself hasn't really changed a whole lot in 7 years. Now we have Light rail going from the airport to Westlake Center, with plans to expand more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: