Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 09:50 PM

3,117 posts, read 4,583,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
Xanathos is just an ass on the roads, don't copy him by hopping in the carpool lanes. I have gotten people tickets on those things by reporting them. No offense, Xanathos, but that's against the law, even if its flawed, it's no justification for breaking it.
As is your right. Of course, given the tinting on my car, you can't see who's in the thing from behind. And there's also the issue that you'd have to find me on there, call, get me reported, and hope that there's a cop in the express lane (which should be open to everybody, anyways) before I get off of it. Given that it's an express lane, the odds of that ever happening are...real slim. And at most it costs me a couple hundred bucks. Big deal. My time is valuable. It's saved me thousands so far. Consider it me willingly volunteering myself for a tax of sorts (which King County loves). The catch is you have to be right place, right time.

Quote:
And contrary to belief, there is an easy way to commute without driving, at least not very far - it's called the bus.
Yes, the smelly, overcrowded, slow to get anywhere machines. Pass.

Quote:
Or you can carpool. That's what the carpool lane is for - reducing congestion by taking cars off the road.
Absolutely. Which goes into my point about how a 2 year old riding shotgun in a child seat is not a carpool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2010, 09:59 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,354,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathos View Post
It's saved me thousands so far. Consider it me willingly volunteering myself for a tax of sorts (which King County loves). The catch is you have to be right place, right time.

You've obviously never called the line. You don't need all those scenarios to get ticketed. They come in the mail. And you don't have to call immediately, just take a picture of the license number with the car, boom, that's all you need.

Quote:
You've obviously never ridden the bus. I have many times, and never has it been smelly, if you time it right it is not slow (and the bus service in this area is awesome, it's not an hourly thing). Occassionally it's been crowded. Big deal, get over yourself. Other people don't have fleas and whooping cough. Lice today is very rare.

Quote:

Absolutely. Which goes into my point about how a 2 year old riding shotgun in a child seat is not a carpool.
ANd you missed the point entirely with my comment about it being a flawed law, but it's still the law.

Consider yourself warned that if I ever see someone that is violating the HOV lane law, I take a picture and report them. And I know more than a few others who do too.

Old 12-29-2010, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
You've obviously never called the line. You don't need all those scenarios to get ticketed. They come in the mail. And you don't have to call immediately, just take a picture of the license number with the car, boom, that's all you need.
And I'll pay one of my lawyers 50 bucks to contest it, state the picture doesn't show there's only one person in the car, and that will be the end of that. Somehow I doubt that's how it works anyways, since there's that whole "right to face accuser" thing, and citizens aren't authorized to conduct law enforcement operations. But I'll take you at your word, because I've never seen it.

Quote:
You've obviously never ridden the bus. I have many times, and never has it been smelly, if you time it right it is not slow (and the bus service in this area is awesome, it's not an hourly thing). Occassionally it's been crowded. Big deal, get over yourself. Other people don't have fleas and whooping cough. Lice today is very rare.
Keep telling yourself all that. THere's a reason why people don't like taking it.

Quote:
Consider yourself warned that if I ever see someone that is violating the HOV lane law, I take a picture and report them. And I know more than a few others who do too.
Quaking. No, seriously. My chair is absolutely shaking as I tremble with trepidation and fear.

Old 12-30-2010, 11:55 AM

19 posts, read 98,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathos View Post
As is your right. Of course, given the tinting on my car, you can't see who's in the thing from behind. And there's also the issue that you'd have to find me on there, call, get me reported, and hope that there's a cop in the express lane (which should be open to everybody, anyways) before I get off of it. Given that it's an express lane, the odds of that ever happening are...real slim. And at most it costs me a couple hundred bucks. Big deal. My time is valuable. It's saved me thousands so far. Consider it me willingly volunteering myself for a tax of sorts (which King County loves). The catch is you have to be right place, right time.

Yes yes, you've stated just how successfully successful you are and how valuable your time is and how you got hired the in a day and oh my goodness how much money you make more than a few times now.

I don't believe a word of it, given that you have _942_ posts within 4 months. I don't think you have a job or even a car. You come here to troll, and that's it.

Old 12-30-2010, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermegahyperultrauber View Post
Yes yes, you've stated just how successfully successful you are and how valuable your time is and how you got hired the in a day and oh my goodness how much money you make more than a few times now.

I don't believe a word of it, given that you have _942_ posts within 4 months. I don't think you have a job or even a car. You come here to troll, and that's it.
Yup, a whopping 9.4 posts a day (at 130+ words a minute typed). It's massive. I spend almost 40 whole minutes a day scanning this site. Whoo boy. Again with another person who doesn't grasp the concept that office work (particularly in IT) has a lot of dead time.

Don't worry sparky, things will look up at some point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area