Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2011, 10:43 AM

138 posts, read 463,852 times

Advertisements

Hi again,

I used to lurk, post and read about 9 months ago when we were first trying to relocate to the Seattle area. My husband finally has his on-site interview with Microsoft today - wish us luck! The building where he'll be at is in Kirkland near what looks like the Kirkland Performance Center on google maps. Been checking on Craigslist for rental housing costs. It would be great to find a place in the immediate neighborhood for Lakeland Elem. I loved the website for Community School also but sounds like it's pretty difficult to get in. My kids are 1, 5 and 7 and the older two come from Montessori preschool backgrounds. My 5 year old is ready to start K in the fall and my 7 year old will be starting 2nd.

Thinking that it looks more convenient to stay west of the 405 and consider Lakeland, Kirk and Bell Elementary school areas. I'm looking to stay at $2250 or less monthly rent for a min 3 bed room, hoping for 4 though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2011, 02:17 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,576 posts, read 81,186,228 times
There are not many houses for rent on the eastside, in fact I searched and only found 2 in your price range in Kirkland. You can do that price with an aprtment, but again not many of those that big. You might have better luck using something other than CL, homes in that area are often rented by real estate companies.

12700 Ne 138th St Kirkland WA - Home for Rent - MLS #163903 - Realtor.com®

This place sometimes has listings:

Property Management Search Results | MacPherson's Property Management

Old 02-12-2011, 02:47 PM

Thanks for the links. You're right, there's not a whole lot out there. And it's a bit premature as we are not looking to move until April and vacant homes want immediate occupancy. Craigslist yielded a few prospects and 3 that I contacted have already been rented out. Seems that the good properties of reasonable price and quality living conditions get snatched up quickly.

I'll continue to keep my eyes on Craigslist into the coming months and we will probably get flown out in March to house hunt.

Old 02-12-2011, 03:03 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,342,201 times
You might also want to look at hotpads and nwsource.com for houses for rent. They sometimes have different ones than craigslist. the MLS also lists some rental houses also not found on craigslist. Those are accessible only to real estate professionals, so get in touch with one if you'd like to see those listings.
I did a quick scan of what rentals are currently listed on the MLS ,in Kirkland, in your price range. There were a few in Juanita. If you'd care to Direct Message me with your email address, I could send them to you.

Old 02-12-2011, 03:38 PM

Hi Ira!

Thanks for looking into it for me. I will shoot you a PM. Thanks for recommending Chace's Pancake Corral to me during my July trip.

Out of curiosity, how do the commissions work for RE agents doing rentals? Do you get a flat commission for placing a tenant or do you get a residual percentage over the course of the lease? I have always greatly appreciated any leg work that RE agents have done for us and in the two cases where we received service that did not result in a financial transaction, we made sure to send a little check to say thank you for their hard work.

Old 02-12-2011, 04:00 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,342,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsincredible View Post
Hi Ira!

Thanks for looking into it for me. I will shoot you a PM. Thanks for recommending Chace's Pancake Corral to me during my July trip.

Out of curiosity, how do the commissions work for RE agents doing rentals? Do you get a flat commission for placing a tenant or do you get a residual percentage over the course of the lease? I have always greatly appreciated any leg work that RE agents have done for us and in the two cases where we received service that did not result in a financial transaction, we made sure to send a little check to say thank you for their hard work.
The landlord pays the agent a flat commission, usually a quarter of the first months rent.

Old 02-17-2011, 10:03 AM

We just got the official offer - yipeee! Now I have about a million and 1 things to do eeek!

Old 03-15-2011, 01:37 PM

24 posts, read 43,606 times
If you are in town and still looking for a rental, I spotted a house for rent on 9th Ave (between 2nd and 3rd). It's in the Kirk El attendance area, and less than a mile (probably closer to half or 2/3 mile) from the Performance Center.

I don't know the rental price or size - the house is not inspiring looking (flat one-story), but the yard looks reasonably kept and the location would be convenient. There's a "tot-lot" gated playground/park a couple of blocks away (same avenue, closer to 1st street).

I don't know if it's advertised anywhere, and I didn't get a chance to jot down the # while driving by. There are a couple of rental signs on the property, though, if you are out driving in the area.

Old 03-15-2011, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkCTDel View Post
If you are in town and still looking for a rental, I spotted a house for rent on 9th Ave (between 2nd and 3rd). It's in the Kirk El attendance area, and less than a mile (probably closer to half or 2/3 mile) from the Performance Center.

I don't know the rental price or size - the house is not inspiring looking (flat one-story), but the yard looks reasonably kept and the location would be convenient. There's a "tot-lot" gated playground/park a couple of blocks away (same avenue, closer to 1st street).

I don't know if it's advertised anywhere, and I didn't get a chance to jot down the # while driving by. There are a couple of rental signs on the property, though, if you are out driving in the area.
Thanks for the helpful tip. We got back from Seattle on Sunday and successfully found a rental in the Enclave community off of 116th St. I'm loving the central location! Can't wait to move into it in April!

Old 03-15-2011, 09:49 PM

24 posts, read 43,606 times
Default Good luck!

Glad you found a place and good luck with your move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area