Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 11:45 PM

5,864 posts, read 15,243,100 times

Advertisements

Sorry for the poor quality. Taking pics out of an airplane window isn't
the best. It sure was nice to be back. Short trip though.

Lake Tahoe

Mount Rainier and Mount St. Helens

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2011, 12:18 AM

701 posts, read 2,030,637 times
PWRIGHT. I anticipate amazing Seattle pictures.

Old 02-06-2011, 07:09 PM

260 posts, read 757,658 times
That's a whole new level of fantastic.

Old 02-06-2011, 08:15 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,576 posts, read 81,167,557 times
Ah, there's my office, on the 3rd floor. Just love the waterfront. Nice shots.
Attached Thumbnails
My flight from Los Angeles to Seattle-5414830553_ff9ca998f8_b.jpg  

Old 02-07-2011, 04:42 PM

304 posts, read 850,919 times
Let me guess. You flew on Alaska. They scared the crap out of me when I flew Alaska Airlines to Seattle one time. They flew around the city like the way it is shown in your picture. Then they brought the plane down low and flew between the buildings. Although we were over the tops of the buildings we were still very low and it looked like we were about to fly into one of the buildings for a moment as the plane curved around to face it. I felt so scared and helpless at that time that I was thinking, 'I'll be damned if this is it and there is nothing I can do about it. I don't even have time to call my family!'

Halfway through my flight back home the engine made a loud sound and remained loud the rest of the flight. It seemed like we passed the airport where we were supposed to land and kept flying away from it for what felt like 30 minutes. It seemed like we were going back towards Seattle. Then the plane turned around and we finally landed. It was a rough landing. We just "plopped" down hard on the runway and the plane was wiggling around as it rolled. It was such a hard plop that passengers started cracking jokes about it. They were incredulous. Halfway through the disembarkment every light in the plane went out. It was night outside so it was pitch black on the plane. Then the emergency lights on the floor came on. We had to use the emergency lights on the floor to figure out where to go. I have not been on an Alaska Airlines flight since.

Old 02-07-2011, 05:37 PM

1,278 posts, read 2,922,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandygirl View Post
Let me guess. You flew on Alaska. They scared the crap out of me when I flew Alaska Airlines to Seattle one time. They flew around the city like the way it is shown in your picture. Then they brought the plane down low and flew between the buildings. Although we were over the tops of the buildings we were still very low and it looked like we were about to fly into one of the buildings for a moment as the plane curved around to face it. I felt so scared and helpless at that time that I was thinking, 'I'll be damned if this is it and there is nothing I can do about it. I don't even have time to call my family!'
Halfway through my flight back home the engine made a loud sound and remained loud the rest of the flight. It seemed like we passed the airport where we were supposed to land and kept flying away from it for what felt like 30 minutes. It seemed like we were going back towards Seattle. Then the plane turned around and we finally landed. It was a rough landing. We just "plopped" down hard on the runway and the plane was wiggling around as it rolled. It was such a hard plop that passengers started cracking jokes about it. They were incredulous. Halfway through the disembarkment every light in the plane went out. It was night outside so it was pitch black on the plane. Then the emergency lights on the floor came on. We had to use the emergency lights on the floor to figure out where to go. I have not been on an Alaska Airlines flight since.
... and then the wings fell off

Old 02-07-2011, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PollyGlott View Post
... and then the wings fell off
You can make light of it but until you've been falling over things in the aisle in a pitch black aircraft with something wrong with it and people swinging luggage around your head as they race to get off you don't know how bad that experience is. Go ahead. Fly Alaska. You might enjoy flying through buildings, listening to what sounds like a possible engine problem at 30,000 feet and disembarking a plane in the dark.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:23 AM

7,743 posts, read 15,870,170 times
Vandy, were you on the flight where the grounds people accidently dented the plane, but didn't let the pilots or anyone else know?

Old 02-08-2011, 06:45 AM

297 posts, read 1,035,106 times
Awesome pictures Pwright! I have taken that flight many times and it's always very scenic!

Old 02-08-2011, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
Vandy, were you on the flight where the grounds people accidently dented the plane, but didn't let the pilots or anyone else know?
I did not hear about that. Was it in the local news?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area