Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2011, 10:30 AM

2 posts, read 8,509 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,
I'm gonna be relocating to Seattle soon, and I'm planning to buy a house somewhere in the Kirkland / Redmond area.
My question is, should I avoid looking at some particular neighborhoods ? and why ?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 12:15 PM

1,169 posts, read 5,265,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunisiano32 View Post
Hi everyone,
I'm gonna be relocating to Seattle soon, and I'm planning to buy a house somewhere in the Kirkland / Redmond area.
My question is, should I avoid looking at some particular neighborhoods ? and why ?

Thanks.
There are some less desirable neighborhoods and home prices will be the best indicator of where they are. Redfin can be used to show where lower-priced listings and prior sales are concentrated.

Obvious problems like being close to freeways and overhead power lines can be seen using google satellite view.

Your best bet to avoid problems is choosing the right real estate agent. There is at least one that knows this area well posting articles on raincityguide.com

Old 04-01-2011, 12:28 PM

127 posts, read 401,283 times
Can I just suggest you also check out all the great real estate info on Seattle bubble before you jump in and buy property over here

Seattle Bubble • local real estate news, statistics, and commentary without the sales spin.

You should also check out the school ratings for each area as that really affects the real estate pricing.

Old 04-01-2011, 12:41 PM

1,169 posts, read 5,265,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddyLaddy View Post
Can I just suggest you also check out all the great real estate info on Seattle bubble
Another vote for Seattle Bubble. The posts and comments there are well worth reading.

Old 04-01-2011, 02:57 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,328,182 times
I also recommend Seattle Bubble. Raincityguide is interesting but tends to be a cheerleading site for real estate agents.
As far as areas to avoid, there is no area to avoid on the eastside that should be avoided because of crime. Crime exists everywhere but there is no really unsafe area in Kirkland or Redmond. There are some less nice areas. Some people don't want to live next to power lines, and there's a swath of Kirkland that power lines cut through....The Kingsgate neighborhood of Kirkland has a lot of crummy 1970's apartment buildings...Parts of Redmond can have horrendous traffic, like 520, Avondale, Leary, and the Overlake area near Microsoft at times.

Old 04-01-2011, 03:29 PM

2 posts, read 8,509 times
Thanks everyone !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area