Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 11:17 AM

11 posts, read 21,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boboj View Post
One thing that could really help you timewise would be to scrap the DT Seattle Hotel as for example on your first day you could do Rainier then head down towards St Helens that same Evening, stay in somewhere like Chehalis maybe then you'd definately have time to do St Helens on teh day you fly back to Houston..
Yes, I was thinking of that too. I have been looking into hotels in Centralia, Castle Rock and Kelso/Longview, all along the I-5 near the road to Mt St. Helens. I haven't booked a room yet.

Capo, thanks for the advice. However, the interview is for a job that's not even in the US! It's in a foreign country and they are flying to the US to interview me.

Bellevueman240, maybe I will do the Space Needle in Saturday morning BEFORE the interview. That way, it doesn't clash with the rest of my plans. But I am not sure. I will try that only if I can wake early in the morning.

Thanks to all of you. If you all are wondering whether I am a bit crazy, I think I am... at least when it comes to whirlwind tours of new cities and places. I try to take in as much as I can... until I crash!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2011, 11:40 AM

27 posts, read 69,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishal View Post
Thanks to all of you. If you all are wondering whether I am a bit crazy, I think I am... at least when it comes to whirlwind tours of new cities and places. I try to take in as much as I can... until I crash!
Anyone in WA for only a brief time & is thinking about what your'e thinking about is nowhere near crazy, it's the one's that are there for a brief time & DON'T think about doing what you're about to do that are crazy if you ask me..

Old 06-14-2011, 04:07 PM

11 posts, read 21,667 times
Update on my trip to Seattle

I flew in on Friday night and got interviewed (didn't go too well...but let's see) on Saturday morning. It was VERY cloudy on Saturday and I was kinda depressed that Mt Rainier was not visible from ANYWHERE. Anyway, I thought I might as well give it a try instead of sitting and doing nothing in the hotel.

So, I was on my way to Mt Rainier by 12:00 p.m. Saturday. I got to Paradise around 3:00 I think, after a massive traffic jam in Puyallup. I was very happy to see the sun coming out by the time I reached Paradise. I went up one of the trails and was within a few dozen feet of touching the clouds (the clouds came back and hid the summit by the time I got up that far).

After around 3-4 hours at Paradise, I started driving back to Castle Rock, WA to see Mt St Helens the next day. I took the Stevens Canyon road to come out of Mt. Rainier Park, then WA-123 onto US-12 and finally to I-5. The switchbacks on Stevens Canyon road are fantastic!

I stayed at a motel on I-5 in Castle Rock at the mouth of WA-504. Left for Johnston Ridge Observatory at around 9:00 a.m. Got there at around 11:30 a.m. after multiple stops along the way to take shots. At the Johnston Ridge Observatory, I saw the 16 min documentary on the 1980 eruption and went up the 1/4 mile Eruption trail. Headed back to Seattle at 12:30 p.m. and got stuck in another massive traffic jam on I-5 between Olympia and Tacoma. Reached SeaTac Airport with just about enough time to check in and board the plane to Houston.

Reached Houston at midnight on Sunday. Really happy with my short trip to Washington State. Loved every bit of it. Surprisingly, I loved Mt St Helens even more than Mt. Rainier. Maybe because it is so unique...

If I had more time, I would visit Hurricane Ridge, the North Cascades, Space Needle, Boeing factory, Museum of Flight, take the ferry on the Puget Sound and maybe even trips to Victoria and Vancouver, B.C. but ah well...

Old 06-14-2011, 08:00 PM

1,278 posts, read 2,921,374 times
Thanks for the update - too often, folks ask for advice about something, a good discussion ensues .... and then we never hear from them again...
Good luck with the job!

Old 06-15-2011, 03:07 AM

27 posts, read 69,365 times
Yep good luck with the Job, thanks for letting us know how you got on..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area