Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2007, 08:56 PM

9 posts, read 45,508 times

Advertisements

I love Bellevue because:

-Great schools from start to finish.
-The people are nice.
-There is organic food at almost every store, and Whole Foods is not too far away.
-The grocery stores are nice and clean. Safeway in Factoria sucks though.
-We feel safe.
-Nearly everything we need is here in Bellevue or nearby on the Eastside. We really have no reason to leave the area except for vacations & visiting family.
-There are a lot of dogs and dog people.
-The schools and parks are tucked away into little neighborhoods.
-The botanical garden.

It is tough to live here because:

-Cost of living is crazy. Most of my friends who live outside of the area have a better quality of life in terms of material things. Husband and I work and most of the other moms and dads I know work; even if just PT.

-Traffic sucks during rush hour. It was like that in all of the other areas we've lived in around King County too though.

-A new construction home will only ever be a dream unless we win the lottery.

As tough as it is to make it in this city - we would never move. We love living here and can't imagine living anywhere else. We are just getting to know the people at Home Depot & Lowes REALLY well.

If you are thinking about moving here and have the means to do so - I totally recommend it. We love living here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2007, 12:15 PM
x4fscvdvd

n/a posts
I've been there a few times, it's nice. I just moved to Washington and I'm staying in Lynnwood since it is cheap. Once I know the area well I'll decide where I'm going next. Bellevue is fairly high up on our list of possibilities.

Old 08-07-2007, 01:32 PM

3 posts, read 21,306 times
Default Bellevue teens

Thanks for your post! My family and I are contemplating moving to a better school district (we currently reside in Marysville). Bellevue sounds perfect in your post (except expensive), but I have concerns my teen will "fit in". Is there much individualism among the teens there? Also we would be commuting to Snohomish County to work. Any input would be gratefully welcomed!

Old 08-07-2007, 07:26 PM

20 posts, read 89,942 times
We just got back from Bellevue yesterday and I must say it was a very nice area. We stayed at the Hyatt and really enjoyed the shopping and overall active sidewalk traffic. Everything was really shiny and clean. The cheesecake at the Factory was not bad either

We are moving to Gig Harbor in 09 and went up to check out the area. Bellevue would be on my list if I did not love Gig Harbor so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area