Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2011, 10:46 PM

33 posts, read 60,929 times

Advertisements

I've been reading the archives, but haven't found exactly what I'm looking for. We're moving up to Bellevue (my husband accepted a job there) at the end of July, have found a house to rent, and are now searching for a preschool for my 4.5 year old daughter. (She turns 5 in November, so isn't ready for K this year.)

I'm convinced her lovely preschool here in Berkeley, CA isn't all that singular, so I'm hoping someone can steer me through the masses of preschools. Here's what I'm hoping for:
1. Play-based. (Don't get me wrong, every preschool has some play, but my goal is less that my kid know how to read before K than that she has learned how to figure out how to get into play with other kids. I'm not anti-academic, but it isn't at all my priority for this age group.)
2. Open-ended play. (Optional art or play that has a variety of options.)
3. Ideally, access to inside/outside at will as opposed to a 20 min. period during the day.
4. Co-op. (She's in a co-op I adore now, but I'm willing to sacrifice this for the overall school philosophy.) I visited one of the BC co-ops last month and wasn't as impressed as I wanted to be (dark space, teacher saying that her school didn't have conflict, etc).
5. Added bonus if they have a program for her younger brother (2.5 years.)--This is *not* a priority, just a "would be nice".

Most places will be full at this point, I know. Just give me some ideas and I'll put her on waitlists and pray....I'm willing to drive to make this work; if they had openings, I'd (crazily) consider driving to the Woodland Park co-op in the city.

This may not be as clear as I'm hoping to be, so feel free to ask questions. I so appreciate this forum...found our realtor through here and have learned a ton. Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area