Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2010, 11:39 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,387,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
lol. Actually, the only time anyone has ever said that to me, it was not out of passive-aggressiveness. I was hospitalized and one of the nurses could see that I was in alot of pain. She said those exact words to me, as her way of empathizing with me.
But I have dealt with alot of passive-aggressive people in college, and not the "bless your heart" stuff either. It was more in the form of backstabbing.
I know exactly what you're talking about. Then there are those who make backhanded remarks, little comments here and there that cannot be proven as insults even though you know exactly that's how they were meant.

Old 08-05-2010, 12:34 PM

263 posts, read 529,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Having grown up across the bay from SF in cities most similar to Seattle and having spent time in SF and having visited Seattle, I'd have to agree with this for the most part. While I like to go to SF, I have never in my life wanted to live in that city. SF is also scary at night and crime is somewhat random meaning you could get caught up just for being there.

In this regard, Seattle certainly has SF beat and IMO is a much more livable city.

You must have grown up in Walnut Creek. San Francisco is not "scary at night", give me a break. Crime is random everywhere.

Old 08-05-2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotigers123 View Post
You must have grown up in Walnut Creek. San Francisco is not "scary at night", give me a break. Crime is random everywhere.
Actually, I've said that I grew up in Berkeley. Crime isn't random everywhere either. Some cities have areas where crime is highly concentrated.

Old 08-05-2010, 05:22 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,861,688 times
Quote:
How right you are. In the Tenderloin it's only a matter of time.
It may be the case, and that's why I still carry a weapon...

Old 08-05-2010, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray427 View Post
But the conditions of the roads wreck havoc on your cars suspension, tires and your body.
There are some fun roads in Marin Co. Hwy 1 only 1 lane each way very curvy and hilly.
Ditto on the coast from SF down to Monterey.
Oh yeah, I'm agreeing with you on the first point... SF is not a place to drive a car if you want it to last you a few decades, which is why I really only use my car to drive to get groceries, or to drive out of the city. My S2000 has an insanely rigid frame and track suspension, and I remember the first time I hit a pothole at speed, man... it sounded like a gunshot, and I swore that something must have broken! If I commuted within SF in it, the frame would be like jello in ten years and I'd have blown five or six coilovers...

The coolest road is Mines Road, which goes from Livermore to San Jose and branches off into Del Puerto Canyon. Most amazing run I've ever had was on that... 80 miles, no stoplights, no gas stations, basically just cattle ranches and desert canyons and hills. If you're a car guy, you owe it to yourself to go there at least once in your life in something that handles well! I don't want to tell you what my time was from the start of the road to the very end, but maaaaaaaan Needed a cigarette and after that one. I've raced Laguna Seca, Buttonwillow, every canyon in the LA area, and Mines Road is definitely the most exhilarating road I've ever been on.

The coastal roads are amazing. I love taking the 1/101 out of San Francisco, through Pacifica and down to Half Moon Bay on my days off with the top down. It's a really nice cruise down one of the most beuatiful roads in the world... so long as you don't get stuck behind some German tourists in a rented RV!

Old 08-05-2010, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
It may be the case, and that's why I still carry a weapon...
Well, I can't say that I blame you.

Old 08-05-2010, 05:57 PM

Quote:
The coolest road is Mines Road, which goes from Livermore to San Jose and branches off into Del Puerto Canyon. Most amazing run I've ever had was on that... 80 miles, no stoplights, no gas stations, basically just cattle ranches and desert canyons and hills. If you're a car guy, you owe it to yourself to go there at least once in your life in something that handles well! I don't want to tell you what my time was from the start of the road to the very end, but maaaaaaaan Needed a cigarette and after that one. I've raced Laguna Seca, Buttonwillow, every canyon in the LA area, and Mines Road is definitely the most exhilarating road I've ever been on.
Those roads are the best for sure. Is there anything like that around the sound? Like heading through the olympic mts? That would certainly be an awesome drive.

Old 08-05-2010, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Those roads are the best for sure. Is there anything like that around the sound? Like heading through the olympic mts? That would certainly be an awesome drive.
Closest thing I found was going through the Hoh national rainforest over on the peninsula really late at night (but this necessitates driving around the sound since the ferries are done for the night). I didn't get out to Eastern WA that much, but I'm sure there are some out there, and I know that in the Cascades you have some (my cousin lives up there and is into this sort of thing).

Old 08-05-2010, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Closest thing I found was going through the Hoh national rainforest over on the peninsula really late at night (but this necessitates driving around the sound since the ferries are done for the night). I didn't get out to Eastern WA that much, but I'm sure there are some out there, and I know that in the Cascades you have some (my cousin lives up there and is into this sort of thing).
Next time I get to Seattle, I definitely want to check out the rainforest and the Olympics. Bet that's just gorgeous.

Old 08-05-2010, 07:53 PM

16 posts, read 22,131 times
I know how you feel. I also live in Seattle a transplant from florida three years ago. Love the beautiful place and hate the people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area