U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 05:38 PM

1,600 posts, read 2,839,687 times

Advertisements

Frankley, I don't agree with this listing but Business Insider has listed what they think are the best cities in the world to live in. They ranked New York as #1, London #2, Los Angeles #5, Toronto #10, San Francisco #17. Hmmmm.... Seattle didn't even make the list.
(www.businessinsider.com)

moderator interpose: Please keep in mind that this thread is being posted in the Seattle forum. Please do not discuss why any of the chosen cities are the best in the world as this should not be the topic of this thread.

Last edited by scirocco22; 09-19-2011 at 06:48 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2011, 06:52 PM

84 posts, read 266,916 times
Default Survey

The best city in the world is the one that makes YOU most comfortable to be there. It's uniquely personal.

Old 09-19-2011, 09:01 PM

3,118 posts, read 4,074,433 times
I'm seriously going to trust a bunch of journalists who, in all probability, live in either New York or London, to tell me what the best cities are? I think not.

Old 09-19-2011, 10:38 PM

5,008 posts, read 11,222,021 times
HAH! So what? Do you really need a bunch of desk jockeys to tell you what the best cities in the world to live in are? Why do you need validation that the city YOU chose to live in is really that good? Or why do you feel the need to be a show-off and try to collect data on why this is the end-all-and-be-all of cities to live in?

To me, I chose Seattle area merely because I could transfer here no problem.

But I ended up loving this area for many reasons. Beautiful views. Awesome little pockets of different feel throughout the city. Scenic parks. Outdoorsman's mecca. Guy I know from Texas, complete with the EVERYTHING IS BIGGER AND BETTER IN TEXAS!!!!!!111!!~~~!!11`!! syndrome admits that here is much better than anywhere in Texas. Well he hasn't been here for the winter yet, we'll see how long that lasts.

Even the rain I have a certain fondness for. It feeds the awesome greenery around here. The people have some sense of civic identity which is unique. There's ample character and diversity of cultures around here (it ain't NY or even Chicago, but they're here, and hey, we've got the most diverse ZIP code, that's got to count for something).

And these are just a few of them. Yeah there's stuff that needs fixing (like the bum of a mayor in Seattle and the freakin' roads, even my german car's ironclad run flat tires have gotten punctures here).

*gets off soap box* so yeah. quit readin' them heretical magazines.

Old 09-19-2011, 10:53 PM

616 posts, read 958,260 times
You know a lot of business writers probably think that there's nothing worthwhile west of Chicago.

Old 09-19-2011, 11:21 PM

15,739 posts, read 17,702,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlB328 View Post
You know a lot of business writers probably think that there's nothing worthwhile west of Chicago.
It's a long way east to get to Los Angeles from Chicago....

Old 09-20-2011, 12:40 AM

666 posts, read 1,207,103 times
And Lady Gaga, Beyonce, Britney Spears, Kanye West, Amy Winhouse and Rihanna are much more talented entertainers then Jimi Hendrix and Kurt Cobain per the current voters.

Old 09-20-2011, 01:59 AM

2,010 posts, read 3,132,540 times
That magazine puts out some pretty bizarro lists. They also ranked Saudi Arabia as the best place in the world to live in 2011. Cuba is in the top 10. So is Mexico. The US and most other modern nations are not.

Old 09-20-2011, 10:47 AM

507 posts, read 1,528,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarawayDJ View Post
That magazine puts out some pretty bizarro lists. They also ranked Saudi Arabia as the best place in the world to live in 2011. Cuba is in the top 10. So is Mexico. The US and most other modern nations are not.
Well, they've got free health insurance in Cuba...

Old 09-20-2011, 11:18 AM

9,638 posts, read 24,756,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SitoUK View Post
Well, they've got free health insurance in Cuba...
...And I'll bet a cup of coffee in Havana costs less than four dollars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area