Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 01:54 PM

507 posts, read 1,668,928 times

Advertisements

It seems the bosses in your company who decided for Bellevue and against Seattle for this type of bar knew what they were doing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2011, 02:24 PM

456 posts, read 774,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froto View Post
Oh, that is Great news... This just means that Blue is going to take off... here is an example of what the inside will most likey look like

I'm so glad im moving away from the Jersey Shore's, the douchebags, and the tools. I'm not gonna miss that lol.

Well that's just great... not sure if im going to be bringing my car, seems like everything is going to be within walking distance from me. Thanks for the info.
You should really bring your car. DT Bellevue is not really at the point you would function comfortably without it.
Ben

Old 10-14-2011, 03:27 PM

571 posts, read 1,173,791 times
Hmm, I don't know that I agree with that. As long as you live right downtown, walking to almost everything is easy. It's much flatter than Seattle, and really the apartments in question are very close to everything you'd need on a day to day basis. The Bellevue Transit Center is close by too for bus rides to the city. I'd say skip owning a car and just get a Zipcar membership. The majority of my friends in the area are carless and get along just fine, even ones that live in more suburban parts of Seattle/Bellevue.

Old 01-05-2012, 04:30 PM

2 posts, read 1,952 times
Default Love living at the Bravern!

Hi Will!

My name is Will, as well. My girlfriend and I just moved into the Bravern this past week. We moved here from about 20 minutes north of downtown Bellevue. We decided to see if we like living in the area, before committing to buying a house in suburbs. We love the area and very close to everything! Sounds like you will like it here as well.
My friends and I have been looking forward to the grand opening!

Hope to see you at the Blue Martini!

Will & Maria

Old 01-05-2012, 11:50 PM

145 posts, read 265,034 times
My parents used to live in Bellevue. My Mom hated it, Dad loved it. Seemed like yuppy central every time I visited! My Dad worked at a hospital there, so it was an easy commute for him. I am not a fan of those kinds of areas...to each their own!

Old 01-06-2012, 09:01 AM

1,651 posts, read 2,783,390 times
I have a co-worker who lived in your building. He liked the building a lot. He lived on the SE side and said traffic noise was not a problem, but the AC did go out twice in the summer and there's not much for ventilation without it. Both times it was only for one day. I believe his biggest complaint was that they didn't have a pet area to take your dog to and he didn't like it that he felt he had to no choice but to take his dog to someone's lawn to do its business. I know that's a problem for many buildings, but he was rather disgusted that as new as it was, with as many amenities as it had that no one had accounted for it. Eventually he moved because he wanted more nightlife. Bellevue has a lot more than it did, but it's not as friendly to single, young guys as some of the neighborhoods in Seattle.

Quote:
Well that's just great... not sure if im going to be bringing my car, seems like everything is going to be within walking distance from me. Thanks for the info.
Keep it for awhile at least. If you find you never drive it, then get rid of it. However you really, really need to get out into our mountains. They are one of the best reasons to live here, and even if you're not the outdoorsy type - there are some lovely, not-too rigorous trails. You can also hop on 90 and be to the Snoqualmie ski area in ~45 minutes. Plus Vancouver and Portland and the wine country along the Columbia are all neat 2-3 day trips. There are also a ton of neat things to go see and do in the rest of the metro area, and unless one is near the core of Seattle or Bellevue - the bus can be painfully slow with lots of wait time and multiple transfers. OTOH if all you do is hang out in Seattle or Bellevue then the bus is often more convenient than driving and finding parking. I'd say wait and see how often you like to get out and explore because you're in a location that makes it really easy to do so.

Welcome to the area! Glad to hear something new is going into the Bravern. I hope you do well there!

Old 01-06-2012, 11:32 AM

314 posts, read 459,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SitoUK View Post
It seems the bosses in your company who decided for Bellevue and against Seattle for this type of bar knew what they were doing
Ouch. That's going to leave a mark.

Old 01-10-2012, 05:49 PM

84 posts, read 245,749 times
I don't know what Xanathos is talking about. The nightlife in Bellevue is lame compared to big cities like Seattle, Los Angeles, etc. Who wants to party with a bunch of dudes wearing ties? I'd rather be around people wearing skinny jeans, because EVERYONE is wearing skinny jeans now (unless you're over 40 or 50). No one wears "mom jeans" any more.

Most places close really early in downtown Bellevue too so that is a con. The best nightlife in the Seattle area is downtown or Capitol Hill. PERIOD.

Old 01-10-2012, 05:55 PM

1,278 posts, read 2,922,719 times
I notice that the OP hasn't posted in three months ... wonder if his plans changed???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area