Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 02:59 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,193,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida030 View Post
I am a black single woman living in South, Florida (Fort Lauderdale). I am seriously looking to relocate to Seattle, Washington in January. I do plan on visiting. However, I've read many of the threads and most wasn't that good. I don't care about the many blacks and white community. I just want somewhere new to live for the next 3 to 4 yrs. I've been OH, NY, GA, AL, TN, KY, MN, IN, MA, and DC I HATE ALL.
First, Seattle is not a good topic here. You're posting in the Seattle forum so we know this is about Seattle. You should have made it Moving from Florida to Seattle.

Second, Seattle is a great city. If you hate so many cities, then you might not like this one. It does get gloomy in the winter.

In reading the forum previously, there have been some black folks moving here who were concerned. The place is mostly white, but it is very integrated. People don't usually hang out in ethnic circles. If you're looking for an all black group of friends that might be tough.

That said, people here aren't just tolerant, they just don't typically see race. You're a person. If anyone ever called you a racial slur, they'd be a social pariah. You'd have no problems finding a group of friends who are white, hispanic, asian, black, etc. I hope that makes sense. In fact, if you asked most people here what Seattle life would be like for a black person, they'd probably look confused and then tell you the same as it is for everyone else, but you wouldn't be pale like most of us in the winter.

It's hard to give you more input without knowing what you're looking for in the place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: