U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 07:20 PM

11 posts, read 52,000 times

Advertisements

I''m considering a move to the Seattle area and have started to narrow down to the Issaquah area. If you live in the area, what do you think of Issaquah?

What neighborhoods would you consider in Issaquah? I'm looking for neighborhoods that are family-friendly with other kids of elementary school age and opportunities to play in parks and get out on bikes. We would like to have a reasonable sized flat yard. We've been looking at the South Lake Sammamish areas around South Cove and Klahanie on the Plateau. Issaquah Highlands seems too densely packed. Any feedback on specific elementary and middle schools? Ideal school would have a more community-oriented environment.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2011, 07:55 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, originally from SF Bay Area
37,975 posts, read 68,689,012 times
Klahanie would be a great choice, as would any place in Sammamish, but with the Klahanie location you are closer to the freeway access and prices are a little better. The development has really nice parks, trails, and member swimming pools. The schools are all good. All of the above apply also to South Cove, but it's going to be a lot more expensive, less of a family feel
but even better access to I90 without steep hills.

Old 11-11-2011, 10:57 PM

1,938 posts, read 6,207,339 times
Klahanie, Pine Lake area (Stoneledge, Pinelake Estates, Pennington, Autumn Meadows, etc...any of the neighborhoods up and down Pine Lake Rd, 212th, 20th St), Beaver Lake area (Pine Hill, The Laurels, any neighborhoods surrounding the lake)...all would be great. Not sure what your budget is but I also like High Country and Tibbetts Station. You cannot go wrong with the schools on the Plateau in those areas. They are all fantastic and are very community oriented with involved parents. You can find the school feeder patterns for elementary and middle school on the Issaquah School District website.

Old 11-11-2011, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
Klahanie would be a great choice, as would any place in Sammamish, but with the Klahanie location you are closer to the freeway access and prices are a little better. The development has really nice parks, trails, and member swimming pools. The schools are all good. All of the above apply also to South Cove, but it's going to be a lot more expensive, less of a family feel
but even better access to I90 without steep hills.
Would you say that South Cove now has fewer kids?

Old 11-11-2011, 11:56 PM

9,638 posts, read 25,896,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin&Hobbes View Post
Would you say that South Cove now has fewer kids?
South Cove has plenty of kids, and is noted for it's family friendliness.

Old 11-12-2011, 11:09 AM

I agree on South Cove. IRA is that Sunset Elementary? If so, I think the matriculation pattern is then to Pacific Cascade MS and Issaquah HS. All great schools. You'd be fine there.

http://www.issaquah.wednet.edu/docum...0.pdf?dord=197

Old 11-14-2011, 07:53 AM

Thanks for the feedback. Any reason to choose one over the other (Klahanie or South Cove)?

Old 11-14-2011, 08:12 AM

I don't think so. They do matriculate to different schools but generally all Issaquah Schools are very good. Both are older neighborhoods and can have houses that have been kept up and houses that haven't. South Cove is closer to the city so any commute in would be a bit less but Klahanie has its own shopping center with a few restaurants that you could walk to or bike to. Also has a year around pool which is a rarity out here. We looked there (our second choice house was in Klahanie) but ended up in the Pine Lake area which we love. Nothing wrong with Klahanie though. You might also consider The Trossachs. A newer version of Klahanie.

Is there a reason you are limiting yourself to those two areas? Have you seen them?

Old 11-14-2011, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texastrigirl View Post
I don't think so. They do matriculate to different schools but generally all Issaquah Schools are very good. Both are older neighborhoods and can have houses that have been kept up and houses that haven't. South Cove is closer to the city so any commute in would be a bit less but Klahanie has its own shopping center with a few restaurants that you could walk to or bike to. Also has a year around pool which is a rarity out here. We looked there (our second choice house was in Klahanie) but ended up in the Pine Lake area which we love. Nothing wrong with Klahanie though. You might also consider The Trossachs. A newer version of Klahanie.

Is there a reason you are limiting yourself to those two areas? Have you seen them?
I've seen houses to buy in both neighborhoods. We also looked into the Highlands but didn't like the congested feeling of the Highlands or the small lots. Any other neighborhoods that you think we should consider? Are The Trossachs in Issaquah or Sammamish? We're looking for a community with a strong sense of community and families with younger kids.

Old 11-14-2011, 11:25 AM

9,638 posts, read 25,896,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin&Hobbes View Post
I've seen houses to buy in both neighborhoods. We also looked into the Highlands but didn't like the congested feeling of the Highlands or the small lots. Any other neighborhoods that you think we should consider? Are The Trossachs in Issaquah or Sammamish? We're looking for a community with a strong sense of community and families with younger kids.
The Trossachs are in the southeast corner of Sammamish, with Issaquah schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>