Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-01-2007, 11:23 PM
 
Location: Duvall, WA
1,677 posts, read 6,850,813 times
Reputation: 644

Advertisements

I just moved here from CA, and I'm like you, in love with cloudy, rainy weather. We'll see how much I like it after my first winter here.

V. =)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-02-2007, 06:00 PM
 
Location: lives in nys but will soon be moving to seattle
4 posts, read 35,342 times
Reputation: 14
Absolutely love the overcast rainy weather.. that is one of the things that is drawing me to Seattle
I amin my 50s and making a fresh start..
Good luck ..
I moving from New York in early October
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2007, 07:56 PM
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Reputation: 35920
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesey2 View Post
Absolutely love the overcast rainy weather.. that is one of the things that is drawing me to Seattle
I amin my 50s and making a fresh start..
Good luck ..
I moving from New York in early October
You should take heed of what's been said. It can get old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2007, 10:07 PM
 
522 posts, read 2,626,103 times
Reputation: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeronikaW View Post
I just moved here from CA, and I'm like you, in love with cloudy, rainy weather. We'll see how much I like it after my first winter here.

V. =)
Yeah, I thought I was going to love it after coming from hot and humid PA but it does get old like the others say. It only took me about a month before I was going nuts, but I must admit you will get used to dealing with the wetness. My wardrobe & hair have completly changed in order to deal with the damp air for 8 months straight! lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2007, 12:10 AM
 
62 posts, read 510,454 times
Reputation: 70
It might sound nice for a while, but it gets old after a while. Sure, the temperature is mild, but when rainy days ruin your outdoor activities you will get frustrated. I love to be outdoors running. But 9 times out of 10, I can't go because of rain. Sure, you can run in the rain but its miserable, and when its cold, its double misery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2007, 05:54 AM
 
Location: The Emerald City
1,696 posts, read 5,190,762 times
Reputation: 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by martina26 View Post
It might sound nice for a while, but it gets old after a while. Sure, the temperature is mild, but when rainy days ruin your outdoor activities you will get frustrated. I love to be outdoors running. But 9 times out of 10, I can't go because of rain. Sure, you can run in the rain but its miserable, and when its cold, its double misery.
Go inside! Get a membership at a gym!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2007, 03:16 PM
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Reputation: 35920
Quote:
Originally Posted by 41Willys View Post
Go inside! Get a membership at a gym!
But Seattle is supposed to be such a mecca for the outdoors!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2007, 03:28 PM
 
Location: The Emerald City
1,696 posts, read 5,190,762 times
Reputation: 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittnurse70 View Post
But Seattle is supposed to be such a mecca for the outdoors!
Then buy rain gear! I was just being realistic.

Todays gyms take the stationary bike/tread mill to a new level. They have a virtual rooms for you to make it a little more interesting then watching other people or ESPN.
Lets face it, this is a much more pleasant experience then running in the rain.
But the are people that opt for the rainy run, so to each his own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2007, 05:09 PM
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Reputation: 35920
Quote:
Originally Posted by 41Willys View Post
Then buy rain gear! I was just being realistic.

Todays gyms take the stationary bike/tread mill to a new level. They have a virtual rooms for you to make it a little more interesting then watching other people or ESPN.
Lets face it, this is a much more pleasant experience then running in the rain.
But the are people that opt for the rainy run, so to each his own.
Actually, I agree with you. But I'd say, own up to the fact that you can't always be outside in the Seattle rain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2007, 05:23 PM
 
62 posts, read 510,454 times
Reputation: 70
No way, I am a nature person. Dont want to be cooped up. Rather be outside any day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top