Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2011, 10:21 AM

1,489 posts, read 3,600,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
True .. and the Cascadia Subduction Zone is a Very Large Threat, and it is here in this area but it does not equate equally to the items I listed and thats why I didn't list it.

Why ... Because it's Cycle is once every 300 to 500 years and the items on my list are mostly dailey, monthly, annually, etc.

I have lived here for 76 years and it hasn't happen once.

I didn't include Volcanos either because of there Rare eruptions in this country.

They are also mostly very Area Specific.
There are other faults, earthquakes are a real threat. Were you in Seattle for the Nisqually earthquake? I bet you remember it. The area has only recently been geologically mapped; the threat of a strong damaging earthquake is far greater than was thought fifteen-twenty years ago. There are also floods. Windstorms capable of knocking out power for days, weeks to rural areas. Washington isn't immune to natural disasters, not by any means.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2011, 11:07 AM

240 posts, read 534,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mounty View Post
Spokane.

I hear ya. And you don't have to take bugs and humidity, the lady with a mile long post above was talking about Florida and Alabama... CA, AZ, OR etc don't have those problems... (well, lack of humidity, maybe) Lots of my family and friends already packed their stuff and left for warmer Cali... yes, it's more expensive (and they don't make much to begin with), but I get the impression they think they get their money worth and don't even want to hear about coming back, even when struggling with jobs. In the end, you get what you pay for.
Frankly I don't see why you're in the Seattle area Climate thread complaining about the weather you're having in Spokane. It's often vastly different.

Old 04-22-2011, 01:04 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,868,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mea-oh View Post
Frankly I don't see why you're in the Seattle area Climate thread complaining about the weather you're having in Spokane. It's often vastly different.
It was originally in the WA forum and the mod put it in here.

Old 04-22-2011, 08:29 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,665,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
It was originally in the WA forum and the mod put it in here.
If that is the case, then it was a wrong move. Seattle and Spokane have very different climates.

Old 04-23-2011, 12:14 PM

240 posts, read 534,647 times
What a glorious day today!

Old 04-23-2011, 02:33 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,328,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mea-oh View Post
What a glorious day today!
yeah, FINALLY!

Ken

Old 04-25-2011, 11:54 AM

3,721 posts, read 7,824,413 times
With this whole week off, plus last weekend, and the weekend to follow, that makes for 9 days off in a row. This last Saturday looks like it's going to be the ONLY one without rain for that whole time! Yesterday was okay, but wish they could all be like Saturday was. It's raining right now. BOOOOOO!!!!!

Old 04-25-2011, 12:55 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,126,828 times
Friday was very nice too

Old 04-25-2011, 01:03 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,328,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjg5 View Post
With this whole week off, plus last weekend, and the weekend to follow, that makes for 9 days off in a row. This last Saturday looks like it's going to be the ONLY one without rain for that whole time! Yesterday was okay, but wish they could all be like Saturday was. It's raining right now. BOOOOOO!!!!!
Yeah, well that's the reason I'd like to move down to my land in SE Arizona. I sure hope we're not heading into another "summerless" summer - like last year.

Ken

Old 04-25-2011, 01:38 PM

3,721 posts, read 7,824,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Yeah, well that's the reason I'd like to move down to my land in SE Arizona. I sure hope we're not heading into another "summerless" summer - like last year.

Ken
Well according to the guy on Q-13 who does the weather reports, a warmer and drier than normal summer is anticipated for the Pacific Northwest. The only question is, when can we expect this glorious summer to arrive???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area