Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2007, 08:00 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41Willys View Post
The summers are worse for me too. Any day that is 90+ degree's with 90% humidity is just too much. You can't even stand in place without sweating.(Even in the shade) I won't even mention the 100 degree day's.So you go inside, but it's hard being inside when it's sunny out.
Winter's can be hard but I like them better then summer.
You need to experience summer in Denver. No sweating (unless you're exercising). Cool every evening, almost w/o fail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2007, 08:55 PM

1,696 posts, read 5,194,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittnurse70 View Post
You need to experience summer in Denver. No sweating (unless you're exercising). Cool every evening, almost w/o fail.
The evenings do cool down very nicely. But it gets to a 100 quite a bit there. Though it is drier it's still really hot. The hot dry air is different, it plays with you head.
I lived in Colorado for 5 years and loved the climate!

Old 12-31-2007, 09:24 PM

Quote:
The evenings do cool down very nicely. But it gets to a 100 quite a bit there. Though it is drier it's still really hot. The hot dry air is different, it plays with you head.
I lived in Colorado for 5 years and loved the climate!
I agree with everything you said. Lots of showers in the late afternoon, too.

Old 01-02-2008, 10:18 PM

8 posts, read 25,112 times
We are planning on moving to Seattle at the end of the year (2008). We are in Las Vegas, the hell hole of all mankind!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love RAIN....I need RAIN. I am sick here every 6 weeks, because of the climate and particulate matter. I hate every job I have had, the crime, the grime, the neon, the nasty people, and the worst drivers you can imagine. I am 51 years old, went back to college, have my 84 yr old mother in tow,(she can't wait either). I am only a food server right now, but I am sure I can find work at some little breakfast diner while I finish school. I must look forward to Seattle, or I will die here in this God forsaken desert! Rain! Clouds! Green things! Spiders! Yeahhhh!

Old 01-09-2008, 11:36 AM

31 posts, read 151,464 times
I'm originally from Minnesota. I used to get people joking in June, "so is it snowing there?" Ha! I've never heard that one before! Truth be told, there were winters that reminded me I had body appendages I had forgotten about... you notice these things when it's 40 below zero and your NOSE HAIRS FREEZE!

Now I'm in Texas, and getting ready to move to Seattle. And I CAN'T WAIT for the rain! We've had such a HOT DROUGHT down here. Any time it rains, I can almost hear the earth open up and say, "ahhhhhhhh."

And when you look at all the lush vegetation in Seattle... it's like the earth is sighing her relaxed breath all the time. Mountains, water.... and yes... even rain. AHHHH. LOVE IT!

Can't wait to be there!

Old 01-09-2008, 11:58 AM

31 posts, read 151,464 times
Default Seattle Rain and pregnancy nightmares

What is it with a weird desire to be negative anyway?

Have you ever noticed that the same people who tell a pregnant woman their nightmare stories are the same that almost delight in telling people moving to Seattle that --shocker--it RAINS there?!

You know the type: You're happily expecting your first child and in comes Ms. Negativity, telling you she was in labor for a bazillion hours, baby had one leg breech, and one toe up her nose, and they had to do a C section to safely remove the baby and the instruments they left in the mother during her last C section... "but I'm sure that won't happen to you... congratulations!"

She's the same gal who says, "You're moving to Seattle?! Oh!!! I hear it RAINS there ALL THE TIME." And regardless of whether they go on with a diatribe about it... they say it with almost a mean pleasure.

Bizarre.

My way of handling them: Hand them some chocolate truffles, smile, and walk away. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go shop for some Polar-Tec fleece stuff. And a Yellow Happy Face Umbrella.

Old 01-09-2008, 12:03 PM

1,696 posts, read 5,194,421 times
Everyone loves the rain! Getting rain after long drouts and hot sun are wonderful. Even springs showers are awsome! But I don't think we know what we are talking about when it comes to rain.

How about rain/drizzle/grey for months at a time? Year after year after year after year after year.............................................. ......................

The are 2 kinds of rain. Regular rain, and PNW rain.

Old 01-09-2008, 12:54 PM

1,053 posts, read 3,091,106 times
Quote:
Everyone loves the rain! Getting rain after long drouts and hot sun are wonderful. Even springs showers are awsome! But I don't think we know what we are talking about when it comes to rain.

How about rain/drizzle/grey for months at a time? Year after year after year after year after year.............................................. ......................

Good point. You can't just go on a little "rain vacation" here for a week or two, unless you are just visiting.

Old 01-09-2008, 12:57 PM

5 posts, read 25,458 times
Default New to Seattle

I'm new to seattle and this is my first winter. We moved from sunny and hot Colorado and love the rainy, cloudy days. There's just the right amount of sunlight no to blind you. I can see why people get SAD during the winder though, the days are quite short.

Old 01-09-2008, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aginther View Post
What is it with a weird desire to be negative anyway?

Have you ever noticed that the same people who tell a pregnant woman their nightmare stories are the same that almost delight in telling people moving to Seattle that --shocker--it RAINS there?!

You know the type: You're happily expecting your first child and in comes Ms. Negativity, telling you she was in labor for a bazillion hours, baby had one leg breech, and one toe up her nose, and they had to do a C section to safely remove the baby and the instruments they left in the mother during her last C section... "but I'm sure that won't happen to you... congratulations!"

She's the same gal who says, "You're moving to Seattle?! Oh!!! I hear it RAINS there ALL THE TIME." And regardless of whether they go on with a diatribe about it... they say it with almost a mean pleasure.

Bizarre.

My way of handling them: Hand them some chocolate truffles, smile, and walk away. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go shop for some Polar-Tec fleece stuff. And a Yellow Happy Face Umbrella.
Quote:

The second quote is how I feel about the first. I think anyone who "loves rain" should have to live in Seattle for five years before posting same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area