Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2011, 01:12 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,551,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm miserable, plz let me View Post
Video of me today enjoying this PARADISE everyone here knows we live in, I see why this region is so liked, don't forget about how it's like SOOOOOOOO diverse.

‪July 13th in the Seattle Area! Paradise!‬‏ - YouTube
OK, I watched the video. My thoughts:

1. I may have nightmares tonight

2. I want my 60 seconds back

3. You have Seattle Freeze written all over you LOL

4. What the heck does your video have to do with diversity? Even the description of the video on the site talks about diversity. I'm looking at a chubby white dude running around in the rain the whole time. It is related to diversity about as much as a video of one of my toenails would be. I mean, you wrote a description about "unfriendly black Arab girls" for the video. Maybe perhaps one might expect the video to show an unfriendly, black Arab girl?

5. I follow a simple rule when inebriated... step away from the keyboard.

6. Get off the dime and buy that damn program so the watermark disappears. Don't be crazy AND cheap.

All that said, any man with the stones to act that crazy and post it for the world to see is alright in my book.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2011, 10:13 AM

62 posts, read 144,951 times
I was just making fun of the area overall, just an excuse to crap on this place, I just think it's hilarious one of the whitest cities in the country CONSTANTLY pats itself on the back for it's "diversity".
Moving to Atlanta to meet some non Muslim arab looking black girls like you find here. The rest are just massive Tacoma/Federal Way hoodrats, no black middle class like the A.

Old 07-14-2011, 10:40 AM

2,687 posts, read 7,407,819 times
Thumbs up 20 years...

We had 20 years of Seattle weather. Loved it, but...after three consecutive years (2005/6/7) of darker and damper summers (actually, in 2007 I was able to mow my lawn a total of three times between May and August due to the rain) we took inventory of our lives and my rose garden that had not put out one single flower all summer due to the weather, and decided to move to Hawaii...we lived in Enumclaw. It's so picturesqe there...just absolutely beautiful we do miss it at times. Specially missing the Elk, Deer, Bear, Eagles, wild Cats, Cows and Horses...but...we love the constant 88 degree days better.
Koale

Old 07-14-2011, 11:24 AM

1,082 posts, read 2,561,219 times
Nothing like 58f rain in the middle of July to make you appreciate the 'gorgeous Seattle summer'. I wonder which wonderful outdoor activity I'll partake in today. Maybe I'll sit in the car with the heater on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koale View Post
We had 20 years of Seattle weather. Loved it, but...after three consecutive years (2005/6/7) of darker and damper summers (actually, in 2007 I was able to mow my lawn a total of three times between May and August due to the rain) we took inventory of our lives and my rose garden that had not put out one single flower all summer due to the weather, and decided to move to Hawaii...we lived in Enumclaw. It's so picturesqe there...just absolutely beautiful we do miss it at times. Specially missing the Elk, Deer, Bear, Eagles, wild Cats, Cows and Horses...but...we love the constant 88 degree days better.
Koale
We went through the same process when we decided to leave after just 2 years. There is no way we're wasting the rest of our lives here.

Old 07-14-2011, 11:50 AM

3,451 posts, read 7,053,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koale View Post
Koale
It's great that you are happy with the weather in Hawaii. I do enjoy visiting Hawaii every few years...but living with constant 88 degree weather would be miserable for me.

Everybody has different comfort levels...

Old 07-14-2011, 12:05 PM

2,811 posts, read 5,624,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evergraystate View Post
Nothing like 58f rain in the middle of July to make you appreciate the 'gorgeous Seattle summer'. I wonder which wonderful outdoor activity I'll partake in today. Maybe I'll sit in the car with the heater on.

We went through the same process when we decided to leave after just 2 years. There is no way we're wasting the rest of our lives here.
Everybody has different preferences. This weather is GREAT compared to much of the rest of the nation in my opinion. I am one of the many here from the Midwest- and when it was in the lower 60's with some clouds a few days ago I was just thinking how lucky we were to NOT be back home in Nebraska where they were baking in extreme heat and humidity. Back there sure it's warm, but you sit couped up indoors in the air conditioning all day because it's just too hot to really do anything outdoors. We felt so lucky because we were outside doing work in our yard without even breaking a sweat and were able to sit comfortably indoors later in the evening without having to run air conditioning!

Old 07-14-2011, 01:36 PM

62 posts, read 144,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evergraystate View Post

Wanna be friends? Did you see my video in the pouring down rain? I'm from here and hate it with a passion.

Old 07-14-2011, 02:02 PM

12 posts, read 19,354 times
We have lived in Seattle for the last 8 years. The weather is horrifyingly inconvenient and depressing. The natives really take weather as a personal attack, so they are not the right persons to ask. Seattle has many great things about it (job market, nice people, small-town charm in a mid-size city), but the weather...I just can't stress enough: you only see the sun about 35 days a year. If you're ok with that, then Seattle might be right for you. My recommendation: LISTEN to those who are not natives. They have a reference and comparison point. Natives do not.

Old 07-14-2011, 02:13 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,866,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMaxwellSeattle View Post
We have lived in Seattle for the last 8 years. The weather is horrifyingly inconvenient and depressing. The natives really take weather as a personal attack, so they are not the right persons to ask. Seattle has many great things about it (job market, nice people, small-town charm in a mid-size city), but the weather...I just can't stress enough: you only see the sun about 35 days a year. If you're ok with that, then Seattle might be right for you. My recommendation: LISTEN to those who are not natives. They have a reference and comparison point. Natives do not.
Considering the make-up of Seattle is something like 70% transplant, 30% native... obviously Seattle can't be too bad. And it's arrogant to assume that the Natives never been anywhere else.

Old 07-14-2011, 02:24 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,551,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMaxwellSeattle View Post
Nah, it's not about who is native or not, it's about who exaggerates or not. Take for instance your account. I found an old KOMO weather article that says Seattle averages 58 sunny days a year, 81 partly cloudy days, and 226 cloudy days. And actually, the 58 clear days are for Seattle-Tacoma. Seattle-Urban registers 71.

So what exactly do you mean by "see the sun" for 35 days a year? See it all day without interruption? See it most of the day? In either case you are exaggerating. You're as guilty as the natives you mention, only biased in the opposite direction.

The empirical weather stats do not paint a picture of paradise. No, definitely not. It's also a given that some years see more sun, and some see less. The stats do show however, what my friends who have lived there and aren't big exaggerators tell me; the weather is bad, but not as bad as many say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area