Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2011, 12:12 PM

62 posts, read 144,951 times

Advertisements

Yeah, at least it's a lot better than here. My cousin says sunny and hot never gets old, sounds about right to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2011, 12:13 PM

287 posts, read 738,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm miserable, plz let me View Post
Yeah, at least it's a lot better than here. My cousin says sunny and hot never gets old, sounds about right to me.
You're a strange hick who posted a very weird youtube video. You made fun at yourself. You sir, are a joke.

Old 07-15-2011, 12:17 PM

236 posts, read 472,082 times
Swerver,

You demonstrate the point I was making yesterday. Tearing down somewhere else to defend the weather here. I notice its pervasive like air here. Even the news does it. Its the diversion method that takes attention off the realities here by pointing out the negatives somewhere else. Sorry I find it counter productive and borderline denial.

Old 07-15-2011, 12:20 PM

1,082 posts, read 2,561,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Or3g0n View Post
Plus seattle is growing alot because of people moving here.
Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swerver View Post
We get it, some of you want to move back to CA. I wouldn't mind living there either, but things are expensive enough here as it is, not to mention the near 10% income tax increase one would take moving from here to there. And everything is brown, not green.
When I add up rent, food, clothing, transportation, heating etc, my living expenses here in Seattle are about 20% higher than Marin County, California and my life style hasn't changed that much. I eat out less, excersize less, spend less time doing outdoor activities. Can't really comment on the brown comment. At least there I can actually go out and enjoy thats brown 12 months a year rather than sit indoors and and watch the rain. Seattle and the surrounding area has a lot to offer as far as outdoor activities but not nearly enough good days to enjoy them.

Last edited by evergraystate; 07-15-2011 at 12:31 PM..

Old 07-15-2011, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irrational exuberance View Post
Swerver,

You demonstrate the point I was making yesterday. Tearing down somewhere else to defend the weather here. I notice its pervasive like air here. Even the news does it. Its the diversion method that takes attention off the realities here by pointing out the negatives somewhere else. Sorry I find it counter productive and borderline denial.
Yes, the weather casters are terrible, they've been acting like the days we've been getting are actually nice like there's no climate change going on due to global warming/cooling and HAARP.

At least Walter Kelley (who normal sucks up to the region) was actually funny and pissed off lately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4vl4...feature=relmfu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Or3g0n View Post
You're a strange hick who posted a very weird youtube video. You made fun at yourself. You sir, are a joke.
You're 12 and still think it's cool to rep where you're from even if you're from somewhere lame, I used to be like you, then I realized how much I was missing out on living in a crap hole.

Last edited by I'm miserable, plz let me; 07-15-2011 at 12:48 PM..

Old 07-15-2011, 12:41 PM

588 posts, read 1,014,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irrational exuberance View Post
Swerver,

I'm not tearing it down, I'm pointing out my preference. I don't have to defend anything, it really doesn't matter to me what weather you prefer. If someone prefers high heat and humidity, by all means, go to someplace that has it and enjoy it.

Anyone care to comment on why the ac runs 24/7 in these places? Don't worry, you don't have to, it's rhetorical and I know the answer. It's because it's too hot, to the point of being uncomfortable. I don't like it, so I'm happy to be here.

On the flipside, what is the difference in saying "california is so much better than here?" It's just a preference. Don't be so sensitive. If you think it only happens here, then you are the one in denial. People complain about weather everywhere.

"Different Strokes to move the world!"

Old 07-15-2011, 12:54 PM

I'm mad and trapped, also anybody know how to embed a video on here?

Old 07-15-2011, 01:07 PM

Swever

im not from cali so im not sure where you got that quote from. But i havent even spent half my life here and some places warmer some cooler than here I am aware of people complain about the weather. I was noting the manner of how they do it. When I hear someone comment on the 240+ overcast days a year. It would turn into better than brown or hot humidity. First plenty of places are just as green as here so that comment is funny.

But Im not interested in bickering. I like reading other perspectives that may cheer me up and feel better about living here. Ps. I use my heater far more than my fam uses their AC. Our heater is on from Oct thru May their AC is on from April thru Sep

Old 07-15-2011, 01:12 PM

And using the heater till May is being optimstic the real month is June and we frequently walk around with sweaters and sweats and use or comforter year round and blanks and snuggies on the couch year round.

Old 07-15-2011, 01:13 PM

^Truth.

AC in April? Are you kidding me!? AC is only useful 2-5 days a year here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area