Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2012, 12:41 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times

Advertisements

Oh, for crying out loud! It's freakin' snowing!

I was planting bulbs yesterday!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 06:00 PM

3,721 posts, read 7,826,181 times
Just took this from the same location in Discovery Park as the last two I posted in this thread.

Just minutes after I took it, some clouds did roll in though.

And before someone comes running in here with doomsday theories, NO, Nibiru / Nemesis / Planet X is NOT in this photo! Lol. That is a normal anomaly to appear when photographing the sun.

Old 04-03-2012, 06:09 PM

And now its starting to rain. And I'm still deep in the park.

Old 04-03-2012, 06:44 PM

As soon as the rain started I abandoned my normal walking route through the park and thankfully I know this park well enough to know which trails make the best shortcuts through it! It stopped for a few minutes, started again, and now as I'm walking out of the park it isn't raining. However I saw what's coming when I was near the sand cliffs a few minutes ago. A wall of rain headed this way from over the sound! Just a few blocks to home (typing this as I'm walking) hope I make it back before that rain gets here!

Old 04-03-2012, 07:14 PM

I did make it home just as the rain picked up again. And now there's a big, very bright rainbow out there, with a much fainter rainbow above it. Not often you see a double rainbow.

Old 04-08-2012, 06:40 PM

710 posts, read 1,397,743 times
Wow, just wow. The weather was amazing this weekend for my visit to get my keys and initially move-in some things to my new apartment. The view from the rooftop deck was incredible - I could see downtown, the bay/sound, Mount Rainier, Mount Baker and the cascades! It's almost like the view from Kerry Park, but with more trees in the way, lol. I'm thinking in the Summer, some of those trees will grow out and the view will diminish, but still, it's a HUGE plus to this apartment! It's going to be great for the fireworks at New Years

Anyway, I couldn't believe how nice the weather was on Saturday. I thought it was really nice Friday, but Saturday blew it away! Now back in humid Houston... sigh... 2 weeks to go!

Old 04-08-2012, 06:59 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrman78 View Post
Wow, just wow. The weather was amazing this weekend for my visit to get my keys and initially move-in some things to my new apartment. The view from the rooftop deck was incredible - I could see downtown, the bay/sound, Mount Rainier, Mount Baker and the cascades! It's almost like the view from Kerry Park, but with more trees in the way, lol. I'm thinking in the Summer, some of those trees will grow out and the view will diminish, but still, it's a HUGE plus to this apartment! It's going to be great for the fireworks at New Years

Anyway, I couldn't believe how nice the weather was on Saturday. I thought it was really nice Friday, but Saturday blew it away! Now back in humid Houston... sigh... 2 weeks to go!
Even nicer today. We hit 70 degrees (a new record). Extended forecast actually looking pretty good to (for a change) with mostly above average temps.

Ken

Old 04-08-2012, 10:30 PM

It was about 66 degrees today when I checked. A taste a summer in early spring! After spending so much time below average, it actually felt almost too hot today!

Old 04-08-2012, 11:25 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,552,386 times
The topic of "exaggeration" is often raised by me here. There is a beautiful example of this on the Spokane board right now. Here was someone's depiction about the past 6 months in Seattle:

Ticky:

"One of the things I HATED about Seattle was the day after day after day of grey/overcast/drizzly weather....made me want to jump off a building".

Tell me about it!!! Over the last 6 months I can count the days with sunshine in Seattle on one hand!!

Old 04-08-2012, 11:34 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,871,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarawayDJ View Post
The topic of "exaggeration" is often raised by me here. There is a beautiful example of this on the Spokane board right now. Here was someone's depiction about the past 6 months in Seattle:

Ticky:

"One of the things I HATED about Seattle was the day after day after day of grey/overcast/drizzly weather....made me want to jump off a building".

Tell me about it!!! Over the last 6 months I can count the days with sunshine in Seattle on one hand!!
Yea, but you should read more of his posts... it makes one tilt their head. For one, I can't understand why he can't say African-Americans, but insists on calling them "Urban Americans". What is that? He also tends to add "-adelphia" to towns he doesn't like ... Rentonadelphia, Everettadelphia. It's just odd.

Anyhoo... today was definitely a nice day... hitting 70 degrees today, I was especially pleased to be air/line drying my towels outside. I just like that smell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area