Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2010, 09:36 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,234,733 times

Advertisements

Well, I'll be in the most beautiful city in America on July 13-17 and I'm soooo looking forward to highs in the 70's. It's been in the mid to upper 90's with humidity that made it feel like 105 here in Tulsa. Be thankful for your climate! When I lived there I even loved the rain in the winter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2010, 09:39 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,234,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
I observe the exact opposite of you...

One of the countless advantages of living in the Seattle area...the weather is rarely bad enough to keep most people from enjoying the outdoors.

When I lived in Texas and the southeast I hated the weather from May through October because it was too hot to enjoy being outside.

With a few exceptions, I'll take the maritime climate of the PNW anytime over the weather anywhere else in the country.
Ha! That's me to a 'T'. I'll be so glad when I'm free to move back to the PNW.

Old 06-29-2010, 11:58 PM

5,490 posts, read 13,863,900 times
I also am in the 75 and below group, usually 55-75.

Looks like there are A LOT of people who actually like temperate temperatures like that.

Actually, Im glad to see Seattle didnt have 200-250+ days in a row without 75+. There were plenty of days though that it had 55-74. So its not like Seattle had 200-250+ days in a row where the temperatures werent warm enough(50 degrees or below).

Old 06-30-2010, 09:01 AM

3,176 posts, read 14,656,606 times
Of course the majority of people on the Seattle board love Seattle weather - UMMMM Duh.

And most people on the Sacramento board love Sacramento weather - many people I've met this last year in Sac have the same "I tried out the PNW and hated it there" story

Everyone usually gravitates towards their weather of choice. Just some get stuck in "limbo" before they get to live where they want.

Old 06-30-2010, 09:29 AM

5,490 posts, read 13,863,900 times
To citygirl:

So you really cant see how someone would prefer Seattle over Sacramento!? There are a lot of people that would prefer Seattle over Sacramento.

I know plenty of people from all over California that love Seattle and areas of the Northwest, and Im sure you know that. You just dont want to admit it. This is also true that there are plenty of people from places like Arizona, and Florida that actually love the Northwest.

I really dont want to "rain on your parade" but Sacramento has one of the worst air and water quality in the nation: Sacramento One Of Nation's Worst For Air Quality - cbs13.com (http://cbs13.com/health/unhealthy.air.list.2.1661614.html - broken link) and City Mayors: The most polluted US cities.

Sacramento also gets a lot of very hot days May-October, and with the bad air and water quality, it easy to see if someone would prefer Seattle's weather/climate over Sacramento. I can still see how someone could prefer Sacramento's weather/climate over Seattle as well and

I guess I can also see someone liking Sacramento over Seattle. Looks like you are one example.

Last edited by *******; 06-30-2010 at 09:44 AM..

Old 06-30-2010, 11:18 AM

16,581 posts, read 27,254,765 times
City-Girl and NuB:

I can't speak for anyone else in this thread but these last two post are just hilarious to me. I cannot believe that a comparison between Seattle and Sacramento is actually taking place LOL. I know city-grils is counting on few people in the Seattle forum being familiar with Sac. I am however. I compare cities all the time, my posts speak to that fact. However to compare Seattle to Sacramento is just insulting to Seattle. Not just because of the differences in weather but because it's...um...Sacramento. Sacramento can only be fairly compared to other cities in the Central Valley city girl and you know that. I can completely understand that you love your hometown (if sac is your hometown), however to compare it to Seattle makes absolutely no sense what so ever.

Seattle is a nationally recognized, to some extent, internationally recognized city. Perhaps not on par with place like LA, NY or SF; but no one ever thinks about Sacramento. Even in California it's only thought of when speaking about our cracker jack legislator. Seattle is a cultural center. Seattle is featured in movies and TV shows because of what it is.

Yes some may prefer the virtual hell of the Sacramento summers and the apocalyptic cold fog that can last for weeks in winter.

Old 06-30-2010, 11:43 AM

72,797 posts, read 62,098,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl72 View Post
Of course the majority of people on the Seattle board love Seattle weather - UMMMM Duh.

And most people on the Sacramento board love Sacramento weather - many people I've met this last year in Sac have the same "I tried out the PNW and hated it there" story

Everyone usually gravitates towards their weather of choice. Just some get stuck in "limbo" before they get to live where they want.
I don't live in Seattle and I like Seattle weather.

Old 06-30-2010, 11:49 AM

16,581 posts, read 27,254,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
I don't live in Seattle and I like Seattle weather.
Same here

Old 06-30-2010, 11:55 AM

72,797 posts, read 62,098,501 times
Seattle was chosen as one of the best summer destinations in the USA, #3 in fact. The reason is because of the moderate summer climate. Atlanta, conversely, was rated 3rd worst because of its summer climate. I understand because of where I used to live and where I currently live.
http://travel.yahoo.com/p-interests-34887215

Last edited by green_mariner; 06-30-2010 at 12:05 PM..

Old 06-30-2010, 12:27 PM

339 posts, read 2,201,227 times
Default Is Seattle's Weather Really Worse Than Portland's?

So basically, I've lived in Portland all my life and, much to the chagrin of my friends, I've always been a bigger fan of Seattle instead of Portland. However, many of my friends at UW claim that Seattle has worse weather than Portland (i.e. it's even gloomier, with less sunny days, more rainy, etc.). Do you think that's true, or are they roughly similar? I'm just asking because although I love the NW otherwise, the constant rain in Portland annoys me, and, aside from the rain, Seattle seems like a perfect city for me, so having even more rain would be frustrating, but not a deal breaker of course.

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area