Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2013, 11:12 AM

4,794 posts, read 12,374,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
I just checked the most recent "updated" forecast and they do now have "shower chance" in the forecast for today - as well as for a few other days in the extended.

That's not what they were forecasting last night.

*Sigh* I knew it couldn't last forever but a few more weeks would have been nice.
Yeah, they updated after the showers started.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2013, 11:12 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,384,877 times
Quote:
Seriously?

It's one thing for the weather to not appeal to you, but did you really have to resort to insults and personal attacks on the people who live there?

His/her posts are pure comedy to me. In 36 hours the Midwest can be warm and humid, then thunderstorms, then a cold night then fog. It takes Seattle a full year to experience all that LOL

Old 10-27-2013, 11:24 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,252,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
His/her posts are pure comedy to me. In 36 hours the Midwest can be warm and humid, then thunderstorms, then a cold night then fog. It takes Seattle a full year to experience all that LOL
I've never understood why some people, like that poster, feel they have to resort to belittling and put downs - especially when discussing something as innocuous as the weather.

I've always suspected that people do that in an attempt to feel better about themselves - and the only way they can feel better about themselves is to demean others. One of my ex-husbands was really bad about that, and knowing that he himself was raised on insults, physical beatings, etc. by his parents, I could almost understand it.

Anyway - back to the weather...........

It looks like it might be trying to clear up here.

Old 10-27-2013, 11:49 AM

305 posts, read 450,021 times
Quote:
I've never understood why some people, like that poster, feel they have to resort to belittling and put downs - especially when discussing something as innocuous as the weather.

I've always suspected that people do that in an attempt to feel better about themselves - and the only way they can feel better about themselves is to demean others. One of my ex-husbands was really bad about that, and knowing that he himself was raised on insults, physical beatings, etc. by his parents, I could almost understand it.

Anyway - back to the weather...........

It looks like it might be trying to clear up here.
I don't know why you guys take it personally. I'm not saying, "Hey Cinebar, you're a freak!" or that anyone you know is a freak. It just so happens that Seattle really is full of social rejects and small town people. Sorry if that's the truth, it's not my fault. Meanwhile, I think you guys should stop being so sensitive about everything. Learn to take **** talking in stride.

Old 10-27-2013, 06:57 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,738,692 times
Hopefully you guys had weather as nice as we did, because here in B'ham today it looked like this:

Old 10-27-2013, 07:03 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,252,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
Hopefully you guys had weather as nice as we did, because here in B'ham today it looked like this:
Beautiful!!

We didn't have that much blue sky here, but other than a few on and off showers, it wasn't too bad.

My son called me a little while ago (he lives eleven or twelve miles to the west of me, and a little south) and he was getting a lot of wind that I wasn't getting. But their place is on a bluff, so probably not a huge surprise.

Old 10-28-2013, 12:54 AM

9,182 posts, read 12,125,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DP79 View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble. Chicago does have better weather than Seattle. Freakin' Antarctica has better weather than Seattle. Seattle has hands-down the most depressing crappy weather that Planet Earth could ever sadisticly create. It is a petri dish of mold, disease, and depression. Probably why only social rejects and village people from small-town America live there.
You seriously need to visit your doctor.

Old 10-28-2013, 12:56 AM

9,182 posts, read 12,125,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
Yes it was sunny, but windy in Seattle today.

Old 10-28-2013, 02:31 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,263,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DP79 View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble. Chicago does have better weather than Seattle. Freakin' Antarctica has better weather than Seattle. Seattle has hands-down the most depressing crappy weather that Planet Earth could ever sadisticly create. It is a petri dish of mold, disease, and depression. Probably why only social rejects and village people from small-town America live there.
so...your saying....you don't care for Seatte?...thinking about the "greener grass in Antarctica? Well, I bet housing is less expensive there. Don't take a plane, get a ride in an ambulance. Write to us from your new padded room OK?

Old 10-28-2013, 09:33 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,384,877 times
Quote:
Beautiful!!

We didn't have that much blue sky here, but other than a few on and off showers, it wasn't too bad.

My son called me a little while ago (he lives eleven or twelve miles to the west of me, and a little south) and he was getting a lot of wind that I wasn't getting. But their place is on a bluff, so probably not a huge surprise.
Thanks for sending your rain down this way
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area