Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2016, 04:20 PM

8,169 posts, read 8,289,381 times

Advertisements

Having a view of the water (if you can afford it) from your home helps a lot in this area. The sky isn't all grey, even when it is grey. Today, I'm sitting in my office today at Green Lake and all I see is blue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2016, 05:27 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,041,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarawayDJ View Post
This here is proof that the Internet connects alternate realities lol. Humid summers in Seattle? LMAO. The west coast does not know humid summers. From Seattle down to San Diego, nowhere near the coast is what anyone in this reality could call hot and humid. Now, in the alternate reality the poster comes from perhaps the wind currents are exactly opposite and it's the west coast of America that's humid.
Exactly. Anyone who thinks Seattle is humid has never lived in the mid South or the Northeast.

Old 01-14-2016, 05:30 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,041,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
I guess if you're used to arid climates then Seattle summers might feel humid. Coming from the Southeast, summers in this part of the country are practically bone dry. Actually, I was in Tennessee for Christmas last week and it was in the 70s and muggy most of the time I was there. I had forgotten how awful even 75 feels there in comparison. I woke up one morning at 4am covered in sweat! In late December!

I hear ya. I lived in Memphis, TN a little over a year, and it was exceedingly humid!

Old 01-14-2016, 05:49 PM

579 posts, read 431,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmswazey View Post
Exactly. Anyone who thinks Seattle is humid has never lived in the mid South or the Northeast.
Or Midwest...

Old 01-20-2016, 05:56 PM

278 posts, read 335,471 times
I have never lived in a place more humid than Houston! It feels awful there in the summers.

Old 01-28-2016, 09:09 AM

163 posts, read 269,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmswazey View Post
Seattle is considered to be one of the most humid cities in America. If you measure relative humidity and look at the entire year instead of looking at just summer. Look at our humidity levels right now. It's 91% humidity.

But, if comparing Seattle summer to the South or East, agreed lol. But to say Seattle is not humid is false.

Old 01-28-2016, 10:47 AM

9,182 posts, read 12,120,375 times
Seattle is not humid when it's warm and sunny.

Old 01-28-2016, 05:39 PM

823 posts, read 2,215,314 times
When people complain about humidity, they are really complaining about the dew point since that controls what the weather feels like more than relative humidity. Seattle has dew point discipline which generally keeps the dew point in a comfortable range. The East Coast, South, and Midwest have out of control dew points.

Old 02-01-2016, 06:15 AM

69 posts, read 89,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattlephil View Post
Seattle is considered to be one of the most humid cities in America. If you measure relative humidity and look at the entire year instead of looking at just summer. Look at our humidity levels right now. It's 91% humidity.

But, if comparing Seattle summer to the South or East, agreed lol. But to say Seattle is not humid is false.
People don't realize that the humidity is not the only factor of what everyone considers "humid". That hot, muggy and sticky feeling is also from the dew point. Humidity and dew point have a relationship and the percent of humidity is irrelevant to how you feel if you don't take into consideration the dew point.

Old 02-01-2016, 06:20 AM

69 posts, read 89,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Goatroper View Post
People come to Seattle in the summer for a job interview or to look around and vacation. Then they accept the job and move to Seattle. But by then it is October and the blue sky of summer dies a sudden death. And it starts to rain. And rain and rain and rain. These new employees are wondering what did I get myself into? When it is very cloudy in the winter, it gets dark by 3pm so you drive to work in the dark and you drive home in the dark and you never see the blue sky all day. This can go on for a month. At that point you start to see the new comers losing it while the locals are still smiling and cracking jokes. Not a lot of smiles amongst the newcomers after a month of no sun and no blue sky.

Here is a helpful hint for struggling newcomers: Right at noon the clouds will often break over sea level areas like the Puget Sound, Elliot Bay, Lake Washington and the city. If you can always get out in that sunbreak and get 15 minutes of sun, take all those coats off and get it on your arms too, you will be way ahead of the people that just sat in their cubicle and ate their lunch indoors. The guys at Boeing take a jog in this noontime sun, it's a great idea!!!! Then by 1:00 the clouds will close up and by 1:30 the familiar pitter patter of tiny rain drops begins again. If you got sun that day, that was a good thing.
I noticed this when I went out to Washington looking for work in October. (I'm from NY). It was overcast and cloudy every morning I woke up. I got my coffee, got in the car and starting driving. Around noon you saw blue skies, which then were swallowed up by grey again. However, my 3:00PM drive from Everett to Kirkland had the sun shining through again until the sun finally called it quits for the night. I have to also say though that I'm the kind of guy that when it rains in NY I will go out and watch it and smell the fresh air. The rain doesn't bother me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area