Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2010, 02:13 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times

Advertisements

This thread is making me miss the Everett/Seattle area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2010, 02:56 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,696,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
PS to Ira500 - Actually I should add that the wet & gloomy winters don't both ME anywhere NEAR as much as those dumb summers that simply refuse to show up some years. I can get through the winters on the thought that summer will eventually arrive - but when it doesn't, well, THAT'S what annoys the heck out of me. And THIS year, I'm REALLY annoyed.

Forecast for my land in SE Arizona for the next 10 days ranges from highs of 79 to highs of 82 - pretty darned nice.

Ken
THIS is how I was! I actually really liked Seattle weather from end of October to January. Felt good, like it suppose to.

It was the Springs and crap-tacular Summer (all 4 weeks of it) that bugged me. I'm not a hot heat kind of person - but I do like my Spring and Summers to be warmer then Seattle weather, and the no sun til May sucks a$$.

Here in Sac, by the end of March it's sunny everyday and 72 degrees. That's a nice Spring.

Old 10-05-2010, 10:46 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,550,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl72 View Post
THIS is how I was! I actually really liked Seattle weather from end of October to January. Felt good, like it suppose to.

It was the Springs and crap-tacular Summer (all 4 weeks of it) that bugged me. I'm not a hot heat kind of person - but I do like my Spring and Summers to be warmer then Seattle weather, and the no sun til May sucks a$$.

Here in Sac, by the end of March it's sunny everyday and 72 degrees. That's a nice Spring.
Yeah, but you have weather similar to what I have in Temecula, CA. You are correct about the spring. But when it turns into an oven for 4-5 months that's pretty much unbearable for me. Dry heat or not, I can't stand the bouts of 105+ weather.

With the exception of Hawaii, and the coastal areas of SoCal, most of the US has good and bad weather. It's a case of "pick your poison". Do you want to bake in the sun, live in a sauna, freeze in the winter, and so on...

Old 10-05-2010, 10:56 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarawayDJ View Post
Yeah, but you have weather similar to what I have in Temecula, CA. You are correct about the spring. But when it turns into an oven for 4-5 months that's pretty much unbearable for me. Dry heat or not, I can't stand the bouts of 105+ weather.

With the exception of Hawaii, and the coastal areas of SoCal, most of the US has good and bad weather. It's a case of "pick your poison". Do you want to bake in the sun, live in a sauna, freeze in the winter, and so on...
Well, my land down in SE Arizona has a pretty nice climate - summers that are very warm but not super hot (average highs of 93/91/88 for June/July/August) and winters that are chilly at night (though still averaging above freezing (in the mid-upper 30's)) and nice in the day (average highs of 60/60/62 for December/January/February). It's not quite as ideal as those coastal areas of SoCal - and certainly not as perfect as Hawaii - but still pretty darned nice.

SE Arizona is kind of a secret in regards to its great - and not super hot - weather.

Ken

Old 10-06-2010, 09:09 AM

3,176 posts, read 14,696,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarawayDJ View Post

It's not 105+ here for 4 to 5 months, but it is over 80 for that amount - which suits me fine, as my perfect temp is 85, so you see it works for me.

We had a crazy Summer just like everyone else, and the only over 100 temps were twice in July and then at the end of Sept - it was crazy cool here for those 4 to 5 months!

Old 10-06-2010, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl72 View Post
It's not 105+ here for 4 to 5 months, but it is over 80 for that amount - which suits me fine, as my perfect temp is 85, so you see it works for me.
85 is my PERFECT temp too - though I'd rather have it a bit warmer than a bit cooler.

Ken

Old 10-06-2010, 10:07 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,377,194 times
Quote:
85 is my PERFECT temp too - though I'd rather have it a bit warmer than a bit cooler.

Ken
I die when it's that warm. Give me about 66-70 any day and I'm in heaven. I get stressed physically when it's that warm.

Old 10-06-2010, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
I die when it's that warm. Give me about 66-70 any day and I'm in heaven. I get stressed physically when it's that warm.
Yeah, I know people like that - not me though. I HATE the cold and really start to enjoy the weather when it gets over 80. I spent TWO winters in eastern North Dakota. That cured me of ANY desire for cold weather.

Ken

Old 10-06-2010, 02:56 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,377,194 times
Quote:
Yeah, I know people like that - not me though. I HATE the cold and really start to enjoy the weather when it gets over 80. I spent TWO winters in eastern North Dakota. That cured me of ANY desire for cold weather.

Ken
Well yeah, ND is cold. Seattle is cool to mild but not really cold.

Old 10-06-2010, 03:06 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Well yeah, ND is cold. Seattle is cool to mild but not really cold.
True. Head eastward to Spokane and it's a different story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area