Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2007, 12:15 PM

5,595 posts, read 19,043,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
As I have said, June you still have heat on, July is ok here and there, August is gorgeous - and the rest of the months are a crap shoot. September - November are generally wet. Dec - March are chilly, occasionally snowy, and usually gray, mostly wet. April & May are chilly mostly, occasionally warmish, off and on with gray, drizzle and a day or two of sun mixed in.

I really couldn't have said it better myself. That's pretty darn accurate as far as I'm concerned.

I can post numerous pictures of the typical weather there in western Washington ...I've got tons. No use, though. Just an unnecessary use of this site's bandwidth.

In fact, I was just talking on the phone with somebody in Seattle not more than a few minutes ago. She told me what the weather is there. Those of you who are there right now will know ...that's typical.

Somebody go out and take some pictures right now!

--'rocco

Last edited by scirocco22; 08-21-2007 at 11:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2007, 12:35 PM

3,225 posts, read 14,058,896 times
I have looked at the national weather every day this week - because down here in Austin it's 70 and 80, without a cloud in the sky. I am thrilled and cant believe my luck that my winter is over mid-Feb. I tease my inlaws, who are still up there.

What's it like Seattle all this week? 40, grey, drizzly.

Old 03-02-2007, 03:19 PM

Location: SoCal native (Riverside), now in the Seattle area...
102 posts, read 599,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenbar View Post
I have looked at the national weather every day this week - because down here in Austin it's 70 and 80, without a cloud in the sky. I am thrilled and cant believe my luck that my winter is over mid-Feb. I tease my inlaws, who are still up there.

What's it like Seattle all this week? 40, grey, drizzly.

Actually, word on the street is that we'll see 50 degrees for the first time in weeks tomorrow...

But seriously, everyone just chill out, crack open a cold one, whatever. It is all a matter of opinion, for the most part. I personally don't care if it IS cloudy, rainy, drizzly 9 months out of the year, I love it here, so does my wife and daughter, and we're never going back to SoCal; as if we could afford to anyway... We're 2 1/2 years into being Washingtonians and MAYBE my viewpoint will change after I've been here for a few years, but I doubt it. I spent 35 years putting up with the horrid summers and the "no-change of seasons" whatsoever down there, other than "Summer" and "Summer Lite".. For me, living up here, there IS more of a change of seasons than I've ever been exposed to, though it isn't as distinct as say the Northeast or the upper Midwest. But it's good enough for me and my family, and that's all that really matters in the whole scheme of things, now isn't it?

I'm going home at 5:00, cracking open a couple cold ones myself and enjoy the beauty of my backyard, my neighborhood and everything else it entails..
Hope everyone has a spectacular rest of their respective Friday..

Old 03-02-2007, 11:10 PM

5,864 posts, read 15,234,836 times
scirocco22 says my pics are..
'Just an unnecessary use of this site's bandwidth.'
Now why would you make a statement like this? From what I see people like my pics. They were not intended to prove anything. Just simply me showing life in Seattle.

...and Jenbar I never said I was an authority on anything. Never tried to be. Just posted pictures I took in Seattle for people to see.

Old 03-03-2007, 01:10 AM

5,595 posts, read 19,043,053 times
No, you mis-read what I said, pwright! I've told you before how much I enjoy your pics ...you know that!

I think I said something to the effect that "I might have to move back to Seattle someday" after view all your gorgeous pics.

What I said was that for me to post MY pics of the gray, drizzly, wet, dark scenes of the area, which I have hundreds of, would be a waste of bandwidth on this site. Why take up the unnecessary bandwidth to show pictures like I have?

My point was: most of the pictures I took when I lived there were of gray, rainy, drizzlie, dark, depressing days. Yes, you do get some sunny days, like the ones you captured, but they're so darn rare!

Again, I hope you know I like you, pwright and I love your pics. It's just that we obviously disagree about what type of place we want to live.

--'rocco

Last edited by scirocco22; 08-21-2007 at 11:17 PM..

Old 03-03-2007, 11:05 AM

331 posts, read 2,108,765 times
I think it is different for everyone and depends on what you are used to and like. I have a 14 year old living here who wears shorts most of the time and when it is in the low 30's we have to remind him we aren't in So Ca anymore and to maybe put on long pants and long sleeves.

My nieces and nephews are very young and they get sent out to play no matter what the weather... just dressed for it. I have had to learn that up here in WA no matter what the weather life goes on. When we had a few sprinkles down in So Ca... the kids stays inside at school.

It is beautiful and green and that is because of the weather... And this Native Southern Californian loves it!!!

Old 03-05-2007, 07:54 AM

139 posts, read 1,216,514 times
Jenbar do you have any other information that backs up your opionions which you seem to argue are fact with the amount of rain Seattle gets such as days from month to month on average. I would like to know please educate us all

Old 03-05-2007, 08:31 AM

Just to add more. I know rain/grey days are annoying and having sun is great and all but if I had to pick my poison I would take 50 degreeish weather with light drizzle where I can be outside and not be in hell hot weather for six to seven months living in Air conditioning. Having sunny days is great if you can comfortably be outside. If I'm going to be in doors during months of heat whats the point? obviously there are those who will disagree but opionions vary. Only one place I have been that from a climate standpoint gets year round perfect weather and that is South Orange county/San Diego. But also know that San Diego's air pollution is steadily becoming an issue.

Old 03-05-2007, 12:04 PM

Yeah I check the forum periodically especially to see pwright1's pictures because there so great.

Old 03-05-2007, 06:28 PM

3,225 posts, read 14,058,896 times
Fine, don't believe me about the weather in Seattle. Hey, I just go all around forums and lie. No one has ever heard that Seattle rains, huh? Okie doke.

Anyone can search "Seattle + Rain" or "PNW + rain" or "Seattle + weather" to see I am definitely NOT the only one saying this stuff. Heck, I'm not even the only one saying it on THIS thread.

I don't use Wiki all that much because, as shown here, there can be inconsistancies. Google something outside Wiki, then perhaps PM me.

Last edited by Trainwreck20; 03-07-2007 at 08:30 AM.. Reason: extraneous
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area