Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2014, 04:07 PM

854 posts, read 1,135,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
I don't care about your issues with Botev. If you have constructive criticism... Then give it. I haven't seen any from you.
Ok I apologize to you, didn't mean to offend. I am gonna hang it up because proving my point is not going to happen here. Thank you for your input! I don't really think I have been a stinker, lol. I just stated my opinions about the weather and how I think it is being embellished about how great it is. For the constructive criticism I gave a link to the actual weather data for Seattle. I doubt anyone is going to take the time to analyze that information before they make rebuttals. It clearly shows Seattle as having a lot less sunshine than the rest of the country and above average humidity. I don't think the humidity is much of an issue because it is always a lot cooler than other regions. Most cities in eastern Washington in fact have a lot less sunshine than most states in the south, from analyzing city-data's references anyone can see this. Look Seattle weather is probably great for some people and that is great news for them. Let's not make irrational statements regarding the weather to combat other cities in the country. This is what I think tends to happen. Someone claims that weather in New York City for example is better than Seattle. Then the Seattle people start talking about how much sunnier it is there than in New York and it rains more in New York. Well it may rain more in New York City when it rains, this doesn't take into account the average daily rainfall. Seattle pretty much has more than any city when you look at this. It is a constant drizzle and overcast sky for much of the year. This type of rain also happens in the eastern part of Washington more often than people are willing to admit in winter. In other places it rains hard usually for a while then stops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2014, 04:36 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,802,417 times
I am in the south right now and actually do prefer this overall weather to Seattle. The humidity may be a bit of a kicker at times, but it's nothing like in Seattle-- so that definitely was an adjustment. I can see why someone would complain about the humidity.

Just like people in Seattle would complain of the rain/clouds/gloominess. Don't act like there's never any complaint, negative reaction and such. If all you see is the weather boosterism, then you have really missed out on the other posts or you have "selective reading-ism". It has been stated many times in this thread that Seattle receives less sunlight than the rest of the country. Been stated many times while total amount of the rain is less than xxx-city, the numbers of days is more. Rain's been described here-- that's not something you would generally see in other forums. There's even been posts where someone proclaim themselves to be a sunlover, could they handle it here? Answer always been NO. Unless you can wait for summer and even then would it be worth it? Probably not.

The Weather/climate thread is here because everyone always talk about the Seattle climate/weather to a point that it hi-jacks other threads. Its supposed to prevent the hi-jacks, and direct the conversations here.

Old 06-12-2014, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
I am in the south right now and actually do prefer this overall weather to Seattle. The humidity may be a bit of a kicker at times, but it's nothing like in Seattle-- so that definitely was an adjustment. I can see why someone would complain about the humidity.

Just like people in Seattle would complain of the rain/clouds/gloominess. Don't act like there's never any complaint, negative reaction and such. If all you see is the weather boosterism, then you have really missed out on the other posts or you have "selective reading-ism". It has been stated many times in this thread that Seattle receives less sunlight than the rest of the country. Been stated many times while total amount of the rain is less than xxx-city, the numbers of days is more. Rain's been described here-- that's not something you would generally see in other forums. There's even been posts where someone proclaim themselves to be a sunlover, could they handle it here? Answer always been NO. Unless you can wait for summer and even then would it be worth it? Probably not.

The Weather/climate thread is here because everyone always talk about the Seattle climate/weather to a point that it hi-jacks other threads. Its supposed to prevent the hi-jacks, and direct the conversations here.
I agree that you do indeed dislike Seattle weather after reading your posts. You apparently don't draw the same reactions that I do when talking about it. I guess I really am a stinker. Oh well I would rather be a stinker than someone who is afraid to express opinions about weather boosterism. That is funny that other threads are hi jacked by weather talk. Maybe that is why Seattle and Washington people are so defensive about the topic. I guess it has been used as an insult in the past resulting in the defensiveness on the subject. This may also be the reason for the embellishment.

Old 06-12-2014, 05:24 PM

588 posts, read 1,011,396 times
It's not embellishment when people actually like the weather here. You don't like it, and that's your opinion. That doesn't mean others opinions are wrong. You have an abrasive tone that conveys some sort of superiority complex over those that have a different opinion of weather than you, that is what has brought out the backlash. No one really cares if you like the weather here or not, that is not the problem.

Old 06-12-2014, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swerver View Post
It's not embellishment when people actually like the weather here. You don't like it, and that's your opinion. That doesn't mean others opinions are wrong. You have an abrasive tone that conveys some sort of superiority complex over those that have a different opinion of weather than you, that is what has brought out the backlash. No one really cares if you like the weather here or not, that is not the problem.
Ok I will keep my tone in check during my typing. Isn't this thread a discussion on wether or not you like Seattle weather? So if nobody really cares then why are you discussing it? Maybe it should be entitled Seattle/Climate Thread (Only positive opinions on the weather welcome!) Kind of like the King 5 news station. Well in my opinion, I will say it once and for all the weather in Seattle is worse than its made out to be. I fail to see how I have conveyed som sort of superiority complex over those stating their opinions, in fact I belive that the responses I received are evidence of that. Good luck with the grayness, maybe you guys can break some sort of record for yammering on about the Seattle weather for another seven years.

Old 06-12-2014, 06:37 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,537,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad apples View Post
Ok I will keep my tone in check during my typing. Isn't this thread a discussion on wether or not you like Seattle weather? So if nobody really cares then why are you discussing it? Maybe it should be entitled Seattle/Climate Thread (Only positive opinions on the weather welcome!) Kind of like the King 5 news station. Well in my opinion, I will say it once and for all the weather in Seattle is worse than its made out to be. I fail to see how I have conveyed som sort of superiority complex over those stating their opinions, in fact I belive that the responses I received are evidence of that. Good luck with the grayness, maybe you guys can break some sort of record for yammering on about the Seattle weather for another seven years.
I assume you mean it's worse than some people have been describing on this thread? It certainly can't be worse than its reputation. The reputation this place has would have one believe it's darker than Fairbanks in the winter and rains more than the rain forests of South America all at once. There is a very logical reason why you read a lot of positive comments about the weather lately. Brace yourself for this........it actually has been good lately. Go back in this thread a couple years and you are sure to read a lot of negativity.

Old 06-12-2014, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarawayDJ View Post
I assume you mean it's worse than some people have been describing on this thread? It certainly can't be worse than its reputation. The reputation this place has would have one believe it's darker than Fairbanks in the winter and rains more than the rain forests of South America all at once. There is a very logical reason why you read a lot of positive comments about the weather lately. Brace yourself for this........it actually has been good lately. Go back in this thread a couple years and you are sure to read a lot of negativity.
Thanks, I will. I really do agree with your description it is the most accurate I have ever seen. I hope the weather in Seattle stays that great for people who live there.

Old 06-13-2014, 12:42 PM

1,314 posts, read 2,045,040 times
It's finally raining! Yay!

Old 06-13-2014, 12:53 PM

634 posts, read 891,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelenogirl View Post
It's finally raining! Yay!
It was nice hearing it all night long, bed is intentionally near window.

Old 06-21-2014, 09:45 PM

2 posts, read 2,823 times
Default seattle winter

Hi everybody,

I am from nj and wantto move to seattlle, i heared about the winter time is ouful, overcast skies and rainny days about 360 days per year and question also about seattle freeze

Does anyone help me in that issue

Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area