Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2007, 02:59 PM
JTC JTC started this thread

34 posts, read 148,123 times

Advertisements

Seattle schools are bad? Im not disagreeing since i pretty much didnt learn sh*t during my school years (I graduated last June, suprisingly!). But i just wanted to know what the reasoning is for everyone else who says Seattle schools suck?. Why do you think that? I think they suck cause the teachers really dont care if you learn anything, and its sooo un-organized. I went to Ballard High, and i know about 10 people who dropped out.

Sorry if this thread shouldnt even been posted, but i wanted to ask other peoples opinions who went to a Seattle school
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2007, 04:19 PM

65 posts, read 262,735 times
I recently moved to the Seattle area from the East coast and a really good school district. I have been doing reseach online and found that the WASL scores for a good number of Seattle schools are very low and below the state average, especailly on the I5 corridor from Tacoma to Seattle. seems like if you want to live near Seattle you have to be super well-off and be able to put your kids in private school or buy in an expensive area.

Old 08-29-2007, 08:12 PM

3,225 posts, read 14,019,723 times
Seattle school districts are historically grossly underfunded. Mismanagement. Poor parent participation.

Old 08-30-2007, 09:29 AM

1,169 posts, read 5,247,300 times
Seems that some school districts never have enough money. I bet that if the parents were given vouchers for the current rate of spending they could find good private schools and have money left over.

Old 08-31-2007, 11:05 AM

37 posts, read 273,919 times
It used to be that where you lived and attended school made a world of difference. I lived and went to school in South Seattle, and the funding, activities, and quality of the education offered differed tremendously than schools in the North end of town. Kids at Ingrahm, Ballard, or Nathan Hale High had many more opportunities offered than kids at Cleveland, Roosevelt, or Rainier Beach...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: