Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 11:33 AM

102 posts, read 274,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paris-Seattle View Post
Hi Tatiana
I've check the Residence Inn by Marriott Bellevue BUT... For 18 nights, it cost around $4500 ! Are we talking about the same ?
Oh my!

Well, to be honest, my husband's company paid the hotel bill as part of the relocation package.

I'm sorry!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2012, 05:16 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,868,485 times
I'm not sure of exactly when you're coming here to scout (prices fluctuate depending on "season") ... $250/night isn't that surprising. But there definitely other places that could/would charge less.

Hotels in Bellevue you could check out:

Silver Clouds Inn (in Bellevue DT)
Resident Inn (while not *in* Bellevue DT, its on the fringe)
Red Lion (same as above)
Extended Stay America (not in Bellevue DT, on fringe; these kind of hotels are meant for long stays)
Larkspur (About 7ish minute away from DT Bellevue, can be inconvenient/confusing to get to at first, but very convenient to i90 and lots of people I know seem to like it a lot.)

I'm sure there's more hotels... but these are the ones that stand out in my head right now.

Old 02-24-2012, 10:03 AM

41 posts, read 84,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatania199 View Post
Oh my!

Well, to be honest, my husband's company paid the hotel bill as part of the relocation package.

I'm sorry!

It's ok
But I confirm : it looks great

Old 02-24-2012, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
I'm not sure of exactly when you're coming here to scout (prices fluctuate depending on "season") ... $250/night isn't that surprising. But there definitely other places that could/would charge less.

Hotels in Bellevue you could check out:

Silver Clouds Inn (in Bellevue DT)
Resident Inn (while not *in* Bellevue DT, its on the fringe)
Red Lion (same as above)
Extended Stay America (not in Bellevue DT, on fringe; these kind of hotels are meant for long stays)
Larkspur (About 7ish minute away from DT Bellevue, can be inconvenient/confusing to get to at first, but very convenient to i90 and lots of people I know seem to like it a lot.)

I'm sure there's more hotels... but these are the ones that stand out in my head right now.
Thanks a lot Inkpoe
Did I tell you that the city of Seattle should pay you for being so nice with us (the newcomers) in this forum ?

Old 03-03-2012, 11:43 PM

2 posts, read 2,412 times
Hello,
Not sure I can be of much help giving advice on Seattle to you, but I had to respond as we just relocated to Seattle from Paris two weeks ago. I am American and my husband is French. He will be working in s. Lake union and our daughter is attending the French American school on mercer island. We just applied for a rental on the island too so we can be close to the school and my husband will probably take the park and ride downtown to work. Send me a message if I can be of any help, but I am just feeling my way around as it's very unfamiliar still! Good luck to you!

Old 03-16-2012, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie9 View Post
Hello,
Not sure I can be of much help giving advice on Seattle to you, but I had to respond as we just relocated to Seattle from Paris two weeks ago. I am American and my husband is French. He will be working in s. Lake union and our daughter is attending the French American school on mercer island. We just applied for a rental on the island too so we can be close to the school and my husband will probably take the park and ride downtown to work. Send me a message if I can be of any help, but I am just feeling my way around as it's very unfamiliar still! Good luck to you!

Thanks a lot for your encouragments
I've heard about The french school on mercer island but my kids are too old for it
So my questions turn around HS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area