Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2012, 09:04 PM

9 posts, read 54,925 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone - I'm trying to relocate from NYC to Seattle to be with my significant other, who is currently working there.

I am in the process of interviewing with Amazon (not for a software development position though). So far I've had two phone interviews: one with some manager (but not the manager of the group that I would be working in), one with a senior manager/recruiter, and I will have my third interview with who appears to be the actual manager of the group.

I've been reading around Glassdoor and this forum, and it seems like the typical Amazon process is 2 phone interviews + 1 onsite, so I am puzzled why I have a third phone interview and not straight to onsite. Is it true that people get a third phone interview if there is mixed feedback from the first two interviews? Now I am starting to get nervous...I don't want to be sitting on the fence!

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2012, 10:00 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,775,391 times
Mixed feedback OR a key person was out of the office on the 2nd interview day (or had an important Jeff meeting during your interview town).

If you were in town, they probably would've just called you in by now. Its an investment for them to fly you here.

Old 02-26-2012, 10:52 PM

1,930 posts, read 6,535,543 times
Typically it's two but not unheard of to be three calls. Make sure you review the company core values page on the website and exude those in your interview but be authentic about it. And if it doesn't work with this position, keep trying. They don't always have the best people-people doing those phone screens.

Old 02-27-2012, 04:32 AM

1,748 posts, read 5,525,929 times
My spouse had a different process than what we had read about. He had 4 phone interviews with various groups over the course of three months. They scheduled a fifth then responded they did not need a fifth and flew him out for an all day onsite interview. He had an offer 48 hours later. It wasn't a technical position either.

Old 02-27-2012, 11:05 AM

57 posts, read 119,801 times
My A+ hubby had two phone interviews but first talked to the recruiter so it would have been three total phone interviews. He was offered a position and is leaving soon. However this time around I will be the one staying behind looking for a job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area